Vent hole in bow?? >

Vent hole in bow??

Notices
Formula

Vent hole in bow??

Old 09-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blown Formula, I did consider that the storage may be an anchor locker and the hole may be drainage for the locker. However, how dumb is that!!?? I mean did Formula really expect that we would pull up a muddy, weed covered hook, carry that dirty hook through the cabin, pull up cushions and drop it in that tiny storage compartment Maybe, but I for one am not dragging an anchor through my cabin. You may be right though. I have not called Formula yet to find out, its more fun speculating about the engineering (or lack thereof) of this mysterious hole.

Mcollinstn, your 91 311 does not have this hole huh??
I have a 311 also, '89. Thats pretty strange isn't it. Maybe in '90 or 91 they stopped putting the hole in there. Do you have the storage locker under your front v-berth cushion?
Old 09-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thirdbird!... My error, as I was unaware that storage compartment location in the cabin. I was thinking of my 312 that has an on the bow locker, with access from outside. There is a drain out of it that comes thru the side of the hull, although it is higher than yours. Ya' got me curious now guy!!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My F-206 has the same hole.
That locker in the bow is way, way too small for an anchor.
An anchor sized to fit the locker would be damn near useless.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Registered

Yeah Iggy, I agree totally! So, what the heck is the hole for? This is bothering a bunch of us. If that really was Formula's intention that the storage area is an anchor locker, then thats just plain dumb!!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Registered

The anchor locker is much too small. even a fold up anchor is too large to fit.....at least it will hold the rope and keep the sand out of the boat..
Old 09-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

my guess, although i will look tonight to confirm, is a vent for portapotty? it may draw a vacuum with it's small opening pointed rearward to ventilate the prorta potty when moving.

my guess. I know i have a pumpout hose and a vent hose that attach to the portapotty. when I clean and refill it (I don't use the pumpout feature)

i also guess they installed in near the from hook to make it less conspicuous ( hey how about white instead o fblack )
Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Rambunctious, no way on the potty thing man. That little hole in no way communicates with the potty or the potty room. I really think its a drain for that little storage area but I have no idea why they thought it needed a drain. Well, guess I'll blast off a cycber note to Formula and put an end to our debate.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my Excalibur too. I use that area for storage, not anchors. Water always got in there through that drain hole so I silconed it closed. Stays dry now. I think it's there in case a cleat or bow rail starts leaking so that it won't fill up with water. I just check the compartment periodically.

My vent is a white plastic fitting aimed down and back. It is right next to the bow stop roller in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Vent hole in bow??-exbow.jpg  
Old 09-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Y'know, I'm not sure how big the space is up there. The freshwater tank is under the berth up there, as is the pump for it. I'm hoping to use her this weekend (or else soccer will eat the whole weekend and I will not be able ). I'll look.

I do know, though, that I ain't got any hole like the one in the picture. I do have an overflow for the water tank way up high.

M
Old 09-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ThirdBird
That little hole in no way communicates with the potty or the potty room.
That cracked me up, all I could think of was hearing "Potty or Potty room, come in Potty or Potty room... this is the little hole in the bow..."

Anyway, the potty vent is a stainless one up closer to the rubrail and looks like the fuel vent. On mine, the bow comes down to a low spot on the inside and then flattens out under the v-berth. There's a small depression in front of where it flattens out and the hole is in the bottom of that. It's got to be there to drain that spot, but I can't think of any good reason there should be any water there.

Quick Reply: Vent hole in bow??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.