recommissioning water system in 353

Notices
Formula

recommissioning water system in 353

Old 07-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default recommissioning water system in 353

The water feed tube from the fresh water tank was disconnected from the pump last year for winterization by my mechanic and after reconnecting and filling the tank I hear the pump run when activated but no water comes out of faucet. Seems like an air lock of some sort. The one odd thing is that after putting about 5 gallons in the tank no water was seen coming out of the line where it attaches to the pump. Does anyone know if there is a check valve or the trick to get this working? Thanks
Old 07-05-2015, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

There is an inline filter right by the pump. Took it apart and replaced, standard filter in stock at West Marine. I had the same issue, worked one season then nothing the next season. Pump was running but barely a trickle.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Registered

Thanks, I'll check that but from what I recall the filter or accumulator is on the output side of the pump. I had the hose disconnected from the pump which I thought came right from the holding tank, but no water was coming out. I put in about 5 gallons just to test it - hard to believe, but maybe that was not enough to fill the lines?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had that problem also the stainless screen after the is clogged. I cleaned mine all in fine now
Old 07-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

Where is the screen and how do you access it? Would it block water coming from the tank to the input side of the pump? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

If it is a priming issue, which I've had before, you can use a shop vac to apply vacuum to the discharge side of the pump and re-prime the pump.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem in my 382, cleaned the screen and had lots of pressure.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered

Thanks got it working, not sure if there was a clog but I kept putting water into the tank and eventually it started coming out of the disconnected hose on the supply side of the pump.
Hooked everything back up and pump kicked off like new. Just had to run for a bit to expel all that cherry juice anti freeze!