Silent thunder swim platform fitment

Notices
Formula

Silent thunder swim platform fitment

Old 07-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silent thunder swim platform fitment

I have an 86 242 ls single engine with thru hull exhaust... Came with a teak platform but I was looking into putting on a silent thunder platform just for the looks and keeping my thru hull exhaust.. There's a guy locally selling one off an 89 292 sr1 real cheap.. So my question is.. Since his is for duals and mines a singe and I won't be using it for the exhaust.. Can I just cut the center exhaust part out and will it mount up without being in the way of my tips? And is my boat and the 292 the same length? Thanks I'll post some pics to help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bismeo9h3p...21.09.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boq7m3hhme...29.17.png?dl=0
Old 07-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 242 and the 292 share the same size beam at 8ft. So width wise it shouldn't be an issue. If I remember correctly the 86 was the last year of the teak swim platform. 87 Formula switched everything over to the ST platform. I seem to remember the 242 platforms being a bit more bulkier then the 272 or 292 SR1s. So the smaller platform might work in your favor here for the clearance you need. Best thing you could do would be to see if you can borrow it from the guy to see how it matches up to the stern of your boat and see if you have the clearance you need and go from there.