New Formula owner 336 SR1 >

New Formula owner 336 SR1

Notices
Formula

New Formula owner 336 SR1

Old 09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ramb how do you like the silent thunder mine was removed for muff tips, I am pretty happy with the noise level
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the subtle tone of the silent thunder. I thought I had a "rattle" that sounded similar to my 272. thinking I had a loose baffle plate.
so I removed it.
investigating, I found the design is much better designed than the late 80's era and there was nothing wrong. I think it was just the external rubber flapper "flapping" in and out of the square opening.

It is a little loud now with no muffled tips. sounds awesome , but I get nervous every time I see the coast guard or marine patrol.
I may get some corsa tips or something, or just reinstall the Silent Thunder.

Ramb
Old 09-07-2015, 02:57 AM
Registered

There is a thread somewhere, cant remember if it was here or somewhere else but he bought shorties thinking the same thing to no avail.
*update*
I did find it. I spoke to him via telephone one time as well when I was researching speeds of 336's and prop selection. He noted the shortys weren't worth the hassle for the money and time off the water it cost him.

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/archive...p/t-26813.html

Last edited by Fischan; 09-07-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Fishcan said. With the 2" shorties I was happy with the cruise speed and mid range operation, however I lost about 4 mph WOT and because of so much stern lift putting more boat in the water it used more gas. Deceided that I didn't want to spend any more $$$$ on props etc so I went back to stock set up and 25P 3 blades.
There are some 303s hulls that came with Blackhawk drives that were converted to Bravo 1s that Love 2" shorties.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Jake; 09-07-2015 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like with the drives mounted deep the shorties would help but this is good info. The performance is great right now with the Rev4's I won't be messing with it until it is time to freshen the top ends again. The boat is reliable and fun right now. Love the top end pull even with six people and a dog in the boat lol