I think it's time!

Notices
Formula

I think it's time!

Old 07-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think it's time!

I have been window shopping for a formula ever since I sold my 330 Sundancer 3yrs ago. Wife likes 382's due to it's more comparable to a cruiser and of course I like 353's for the performance. I bet I have seen hundreds of listings (ranging from 1998 to 2003) for both models and still can't get a good grasp on what the market price is on these boats due to asking prices being upwards of $30k difference for practically same boat. So my question is what does $55k - $60k actually get you in either models, and if someone is asking $79000 but has been listed for 3yrs is it disrespectful to offer them $10k-15k less?
Old 07-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll throw my two cents in here as I have been shopping the 382's for years myself.
What someone owes and what the boat is worth can be worlds apart and if it keeps them from selling the boat then that is just unfortunate for them. That said the sale price is whatever the market will bear but there are also different types of buyers. Some are cash buyers and can buy what they want. That is in the favor of the cash buyer but a seller may not like the price. Some buyers are through broker channels and those run the routes of the finance/banker world which have fees and higher sale models that they follow. Some sellers think their stuff is extremely valuable and have a hard time selling at what the market will bear.
Any way I said all that to say that an offer is a starting point of negotiations and if a seller is offended at an offer they need to get over it and move on to actively pursuing negotiations by putting the ball back to the other side.
I have had brokers reply to me that an offer I made was not worthy of a reply. They simply don't understand negotiating, or don't want to, or are inexperienced, or have expectations of the market that are unrealistic, or don't understand the market, or or or or I could go on. Don't get your feelings hurt if someone gives an bad reply to a low offer. If they want to sell they will engage a price volley. If not the boat will be for sale for more years to come.
This is a niche market and for how unique it truly is the buyer base is small. If someone sneers at a low offer then whatever the reason is their price is simply a keeping price and they failed to find a selling price with a buyer.
Bottom line to me is there is no insult price. The seller will either engage to negotiate or keep it; just that simple.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with aquaforce. This is what buying and selling is all about. Worst thing that can happen is what? They say no or don't reply. That's on the seller. Their unwillingness to negotiate means it can stay for sale another 3 years. If that's the case then you move on to the next one. The market is really whatever your willing to pay. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in making an insulting offer, because I'm more insulted at the list price.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:26 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I just sold my 382 and took numerous calls of low ball offers. When someone makes a low ball offer before they take the time to look or even ask qualifying questions pertaining to its condition you don't take them as a serious buyer. Mine was in superior condition compared to most in the same model year, had 2 people come look at it, the first absolutely loved it and then realized why the price was the price, unfortunately he could not afford the price and was looking for steal deal. the second individual after looking at many other's prior to seeing mine, jumped at it and is now the new owner.

Now on the other hand I am back in the market to buy my next boat and will look for the right deal. It's an art to a good negotiation so both sides feel good about the deal and if you start out the wrong way you will not be taken as a serious buyer.

that's my $.02
Old 07-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
I just sold my 382 and took numerous calls of low ball offers. When someone makes a low ball offer before they take the time to look or even ask qualifying questions pertaining to its condition you don't take them as a serious buyer. Mine was in superior condition compared to most in the same model year, had 2 people come look at it, the first absolutely loved it and then realized why the price was the price, unfortunately he could not afford the price and was looking for steal deal. the second individual after looking at many other's prior to seeing mine, jumped at it and is now the new owner.

Now on the other hand I am back in the market to buy my next boat and will look for the right deal. It's an art to a good negotiation so both sides feel good about the deal and if you start out the wrong way you will not be taken as a serious buyer.

that's my $.02
Well put. My 382 will be listed very soon, and while it will not be the cheapest on the market, I'm confident it will not be difficult to sell. There's lots of boats for sale, and each buyer is looking for something different. I'd much rather pay 8 or 10k more for an immaculate boat loaded with options and upgrades than a decent boat because it's a "deal". To each his own.

They are worth what someone will pay for them, so never be afraid to make an offer. Worst they can say is no
Old 07-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Well put. My 382 will be listed very soon, and while it will not be the cheapest on the market, I'm confident it will not be difficult to sell. There's lots of boats for sale, and each buyer is looking for something different. I'd much rather pay 8 or 10k more for an immaculate boat loaded with options and upgrades than a decent boat because it's a "deal". To each his own.

They are worth what someone will pay for them, so never be afraid to make an offer. Worst they can say is no
Having them freshly detailed helps a lot when it comes time to sell to lol

Did you get a new boat?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbillin
Having them freshly detailed helps a lot when it comes time to sell to lol

Did you get a new boat?
We did . I'm gonna get some heat over here for it too

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543639[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails I think it's time!-543573d1438108181-2015-buffalo-poker-run-august-7th-8th-templeton-landing-buffalo-new-york-img_5.jpg  
Old 07-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UGH.... Another one!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered

It happens lol. But thats awesome!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow didn't see that coming we need pics or is that the one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.