Notices
Formula

303 Sink / Head Questions

Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 303 Sink / Head Questions

Hello,

I have a '92 303 which appears to be missing a few things. I have the sink bowl but no faucet. I'n the head compartment there's the porta-potti and a large white hose with two clamps but not connected to anything. I assume the head is a simple removable item for cleaning / maintenance and nothing should be connected to it? The sink on the other hand will need a faucet, a water source and possibly a place for the waste water to go. Can anyone shed some light on the subject. I'd like to make the boat whole again and not sure what's what.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There were different options available. Manual pump faucet or a pressurized on demand system, do you know which was fitted originally?

Same with the head, basic Porta potty or a Porta potty with pump out option. The 2 hoses are probably the vent and pump out hoses.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered

I have no idea what sink option the boat came with. All there is at this time is a bowl and a drain hose. The porta potti appears to be a take out unit and looks to be complete, just not sure what the 2" hose is in the porta potti compartment. Where would the water storage tank be located?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The two inch hose is probably for the pump out head, do you have a stainless cap on the deck that says "waste"? The water tank is in the bow under the berth. If it was pressurized you would have a rocker switch that says "pump" by the other cabin light switches. If not it was a manual pump like found in older campers
Old 08-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, I'll look around and see whats' what
Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the port o pot with the pump out option on my 292. I tried it once and will never again. It was so much easier to just get on the boat and pull the entire port o pot out and dump it in a toilet. I actually removed the port o pot cause no one could fit in that area except a small child. I now use it for storage for bags and beer when we overnight at places. Actually thinking of installing a small AC unit in that area. I will be removing the waste pump out on the transom this fall and replacing it with a shore power outlet so I can easily plug in when docked. Doing this for when I install my battery charger and will have the setup in place for when I finally decide to install the AC unit.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Registered

The large hose by the head is for pump out but the head needs a fitting to connect to which mine doesn't. Like someone else said i'll just remove and dump. The fresh water tank is in the v berth with a hose running to the bow for fill up. The faucet is a hand pump made by Valtera, available from a camping supply store for $30. The hose runs from the faucet to the tank under the port side back rest. Not sure where the drain goes. Hope this helps someone.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.adventurerv.net/chrome-ro...source=Froogle