292 Fastech -- Which Fortress Anchor???

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech -- Which Fortress Anchor???

Old 06-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 292 Fastech -- Which Fortress Anchor???

Hey guys, looking at the FX-7 or FX-11 Fortress anchor...I know the FX-11 will not fit in the anchor locker but I think I may be able to fit the FX-7. Any input would be helpful, the FX-7 is right on the edge of being too small.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

The FX-7 will hold an amazing amount of boat if it gets a good bite. Mine has held a handful of boats on its own with a good bite in mud. Clay or rock bottom is a different story.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The FX-7 will hold an amazing amount of boat if it gets a good bite. Mine has held a handful of boats on its own with a good bite in mud. Clay or rock bottom is a different story.
Will the FX-7 stow in the front anchor locker?
Old 06-03-2016, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

That I don't know for a 292. In my boat I had to cut down whatever you call that horizontal rod at the end of the anchor so it would fit in my cradle. Did not affect the performance of the anchor at all. Probably took 2" off it.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
That I don't know for a 292. In my boat I had to cut down whatever you call that horizontal rod at the end of the anchor so it would fit in my cradle. Did not affect the performance of the anchor at all. Probably took 2" off it.
I did the exact same thing to mine and it fits fine. I also bought clear plastic tubing at Lowes of the correct diameter and slide it over those horizontal rods to protect the anchor locker. I slide a 6 inch length of a noodle over each end after its in the locker and it rides well.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 08 fastech 292
I did the exact same thing to mine and it fits fine. I also bought clear plastic tubing at Lowes of the correct diameter and slide it over those horizontal rods to protect the anchor locker. I slide a 6 inch length of a noodle over each end after its in the locker and it rides well.
Are you using the FX-7 as well? Does it hold your 292 well?
Old 06-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm using the FX-11 on my 292-SR1. Great anchor, I can hold several boats rafted off of mine with a solid bottom. I'm sure the 7 would work just fine as others have said here.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you secure the anchor in any fashion in the locker? I would think that it could poke thru the locker at some point.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Do you secure the anchor in any fashion in the locker? I would think that it could poke thru the locker at some point.
I lined my locker with squishy floor stuff for a garage (anti fatigue mat) and then always try to jam it in there where it can't move around. When I acquired my boat, the bottom of the anchor locker was busted out of it. So I always make sure to put rope in the bottom to make sure there is something there to absorb the impact
Old 06-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I bought a FX-7 last weekend, still haven't got around to putting it in the locker or using it. Will be out all weekend so I'll update on Monday on results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.