Engine help >

Engine help

Notices
Formula

Engine help

Old 06-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr maine, what are you running for plugs?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Registered

Also did you use the adjustable guide plates or the stock ones(if they even fit)?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...dart-308s.html

I plan to use the Autolite plugs recommended in this thread I started, although I did pick up some MR43LTS plugs to run for now and get it going, and they seem fine.

Regarding the guide plates, I used the adjustable ones by Dart. I don't know if the stock will fit right because I know the valves are rolled at slightly different angles than a stock head.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Registered

thanks for the info planning to wrap it up this weekend hopefully. I just was looking around on darts website and in there FAQ section they recommend NGK FR4. I have yet to call them or rick at cp and see what else they push me towards. I will probably end up with the autolites also.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Registered

well long story short I have low compression in 2 cylinders. I started taking the motor apart to pull it out and have noticed some salt deposits in the exhaust. The new heads I hope are still intact as I didn't run the boat very much after installing them. I have never rebuilt the bottom end so I am hoping that its bad rings or something along those lines. Also my exhaust is EMI thunder with the long risers. Now my whole thing is I would like to put in a roller cam while being rebuilt(obviously I need a different cam anyways to stop the reversion). So my question becomes what size cam would be good to compliment the heads as Mr Maine has said and will not cause me reversion? Any other input as to what I should do with the block while its out(performance wise) would be much appreciated. Thanks guys
Old 11-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Registered

anyone?