Notices
Formula

Pirates of Lanier poker run

Old 07-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pirates of Lanier poker run

Anyone here run this?
We had a great time there. Got more running shots by Freeze Frame and met more boaters but not Formula boaters. I saw an SR1 357 but didnt get to meet them.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few other threads on here about the run and ppl's experiences. We spent about 10 days on the lake leading up to the poker run and Saturday was by far the worst day for us. I hate to say this, but we really didn't enjoy the run at all because of the 4-5' chop on the lake due to the large cabin cruisers. I thought it was a lot worse than last year out there. We'd still go back to the lake, but probably avoid the poker run weekend unless there are changes...closed course, start times for different size boats, etc.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We were looking for more chop and larger rollers but didn't find as much as last year. We ran the whole run at the farthest points at almost full throttle but didn't get to air out the boat like we did last year. The groups were more dispersed this year and not so many running together. I like to run with a group so we can get some good sloppy water.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say you were one of the lucky ones. If you ran first thing in the morning, it was a lot calmer out. We waited for the 11 departure from the dam, big mistake. Didn't see a single powerboat running over 40 on the south end of the lake.