IMMCO OUTDRIVES??? Fastech 353

Notices
Formula

IMMCO OUTDRIVES??? Fastech 353

Old 09-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMMCO OUTDRIVES??? Fastech 353

Has anybody installed IMMCO Drives on a 353 Fastech.?? How about Shorty's without boxes...?? How did they perform..?? Thanks
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't bother without boxes, and the IMCO lowers have a shorter skeg than the Sportmasters which will effect the handling / steering.

Boxes with a -2 Sportmaster is the set-up if you are running over 80, otherwise, save your money for gas.

Dave
Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Registered

running 92 mph all day long 2001 353 fastech with procharged Gellner Engineering 496 ho
I am running Imco 2" shorties with Hydramotive P5X 28 pitch props

when putting performance drives on you need to make sure you know what your x dimension is of your drives

I was able to contact Formula and get the proper x-dimension on my boat it was 17.5"
When a boat is originally set up the rigger has to determine where the engine and drive are going to be mounted on the transom. The rigger must take several measurements on the transom to determine how high he wants the engine and drive to be mounted. this measurement is called the x dimension. The beauty of modern tech (shorties) is that one can in theory raise the "x" without having to move the entire engine and drive package. Putting on a shorty does not truly raise the "x" only the propshaft.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
Don't bother without boxes, and the IMCO lowers have a shorter skeg than the Sportmasters which will effect the handling / steering.

Boxes with a -2 Sportmaster is the set-up if you are running over 80, otherwise, save your money for gas.

Dave
Agree, 353s run great with boxes vs without. ITS really works well on that boat.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will say on my 312 I always felt like it was dragging the drives. I felt like boxes and -2 would have put it close to tickling triple digits.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by causin trouble
running 92 mph all day long 2001 353 fastech with procharged Gellner Engineering 496 ho
I am running Imco 2" shorties with Hydramotive P5X 28 pitch props

when putting performance drives on you need to make sure you know what your x dimension is of your drives

I was able to contact Formula and get the proper x-dimension on my boat it was 17.5"
When a boat is originally set up the rigger has to determine where the engine and drive are going to be mounted on the transom. The rigger must take several measurements on the transom to determine how high he wants the engine and drive to be mounted. this measurement is called the x dimension. The beauty of modern tech (shorties) is that one can in theory raise the "x" without having to move the entire engine and drive package. Putting on a shorty does not truly raise the "x" only the propshaft.

Ok i'm going to bite. Procharged 496 HO's? whats been done to the bottom ends? I love the reliability of my boat with 496's but top speed of 73 gets boring.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Already Rob?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by afratki
Already Rob?

hahaha maybe???
Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Registered

Installed J&E custom made pistons , floating wrist pins and rings,retainers all new bearings,
used stock rods and crank (was steel already) Balanced and blue printed bottom end.custom valve train components: Arp screw in studs in the heads, Crane roller rockers, Isky Valve springs , Bronze guides Inconel exhaust valves Manley Intake Valves Manley push rods, Crower Double Roller timing chain , upgraded oiling ports and oil pump and spring etc etc
Old 09-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Registered

How many RPMs are you spinning to get 92mph?

Last edited by Thunderous; 09-29-2017 at 03:50 PM.