Notices
Formula

575 sci

Old 09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 575 sci

I have a Fastech 382 with twin 575sci s. I'm looking at upgrading in my off season. I just went through both motors and used real head gaskets not the junk from the factory. I was wanting to go roller cam, and use one of the intercooler kits. Cooler, pulley, belt, etc. I've attempted to talk to Whipple and they won't respond. Anyone have any suggestions? Who can remap or retune this setup?<br />Thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Eddie Young, Young Performance would be a good choice.

Padraig
Old 09-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 575's

575's are kind of at their limit as is. Cast Iron stuff, small blowers, Internals not so up to date. You can spend a pile of dough and have something that may not live all that long. I would leave them stock and have fun. If you could find a pair of 525's then you have a really good platform to start with.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

A few years back, I had Whipple low rise coolers installed with and they did the reprograming. I noticed a big difference in hot/humid days. Then later came the Arnesons and these were even a bigger improvement. Two years ago, had the top half of the engines rebuilt. At 380 hours the engines are running strong. I've been contemplating on what to do on the complete rebuild. No decision yet.