Notices
Formula

Removing the Silent Thunder - New Platform Coming

Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Removing the Silent Thunder - New Platform Coming

The Mrs and I have decided that it’s time for the Silent Thunder to come off the 311. The ST is showing some signs of age, there’s lettering embossed under some paint that I cannot get out without removing and sanding (and with new transom lettering for the name it looks like sh!t), and I’ve never liked having all that weight over the drives.... time to go!

We’re updating the look with a new platform in gloss black from Aluminum Metal Fab. From a quality and pricing standpoint, I felt they were the best choice. Nick (Aluminum Metal fab’s president) reached out to us personally to answer all our questions, and helped make the right choices for what we wanted. We’re hoping to have it in a few weeks (hoping I can get it installed before our poker run at the end of June).

I’m hoping to pull the platform today.

I’m going to be getting a set of exhaust tips from Stainless Marine. I’ve selttled on straight cut tips because I need to run flappers (and I’d rather not have internal flappers), but I’m wondering if I should use tips that have a straight flange or 12 degree angled flange? For those of you that have removed the ST and replaced the exhaust tips, what did you use?

Last edited by TomZ; 05-26-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just gonna throw this out there since your removing the ST. Do you have the factory ladder on it. If so would you be willing to sell just the ladder. My boat doesn't have it but had the holes. I have looked all over and can't find one new that is the same as it.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you running Powerboating for the Cure in Norfolk?
Old 05-29-2018, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yep! Been looking forward to it since the last one. This one falls on my birthday!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ
The Mrs and I have decided that it’s time for the Silent Thunder to come off the 311. The ST is showing some signs of age, there’s lettering embossed under some paint that I cannot get out without removing and sanding (and with new transom lettering for the name it looks like sh!t), and I’ve never liked having all that weight over the drives.... time to go!

We’re updating the look with a new platform in gloss black from Aluminum Metal Fab. From a quality and pricing standpoint, I felt they were the best choice. Nick (Aluminum Metal fab’s president) reached out to us personally to answer all our questions, and helped make the right choices for what we wanted. We’re hoping to have it in a few weeks (hoping I can get it installed before our poker run at the end of June).

I’m hoping to pull the platform today.

I’m going to be getting a set of exhaust tips from Stainless Marine. I’ve selttled on straight cut tips because I need to run flappers (and I’d rather not have internal flappers), but I’m wondering if I should use tips that have a straight flange or 12 degree angled flange? For those of you that have removed the ST and replaced the exhaust tips, what did you use?
Tom,

When I had the 223 and removed the ST, I used the straight flange.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by DBleil89
I'm just gonna throw this out there since your removing the ST. Do you have the factory ladder on it. If so would you be willing to sell just the ladder. My boat doesn't have it but had the holes. I have looked all over and can't find one new that is the same as it.
If you don't find one, I plan on removing my ST later this year and you can have mine.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by distantthunder
Tom,

When I had the 223 and removed the ST, I used the straight flange.
That's what I ordered... with external flappers.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ
That's what I ordered... with external flappers.
You will love the sound if you are into the straight pipe roar, we love our aluminum platform!
Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/...-starboard.mov
Old 06-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just waiting on the platform now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.