Notices
Formula

Wind-Aways Question

Old 06-22-2018, 09:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind-Aways Question

Recently had my new to me boat out on the water and with WindAways available again I was thinking about getting a set. Anyone know the size I should get to fit the windshield of a 292 (Fastech)? Mount sizes available are 5/16" or Less-7/16", 1/2"-5/8", 11/16"-7/8", 15/16"-1"

Last edited by cuposterchild; 06-22-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Mount sizes are referenced for length of screw needed for a correct fit to windshield or windshield frame. Max. windshield or frame thickness available is 1". Measure across the top of the windshield/frame for thickness and find your mount size. As it is difficult to get an exact measurement most times, if the stated measurement is on the limit either way, you would get an extra set of screws to fit the next size up or down to ensure a proper fit. Example: If measured windshield/frame thickness is 5/8". The proper mounting screw size would be 2". However, you would receive a set of 2 1/4" screws also, just on the off chance that the windshield/measurement was actually a little larger, say 11/16".