Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
YOUR HELP NEEDED: Intermittent Shifting Issues with Volvo Penta D6-350 / DPH Drives >

YOUR HELP NEEDED: Intermittent Shifting Issues with Volvo Penta D6-350 / DPH Drives

Notices
Formula

YOUR HELP NEEDED: Intermittent Shifting Issues with Volvo Penta D6-350 / DPH Drives

Old 08-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR HELP NEEDED: Intermittent Shifting Issues with Volvo Penta D6-350 / DPH Drives

I am having some intermittent shifting issues with my D6-350 / DPH drives.

Thing runs and shifts great when itīs cold, but as soon as the boat gets to operating temperature the issues starts to occur. At times, the starboard drive will not engage forward (from neutral). The port side shifts all the time every time.

And the issue on the starboard side seems to be happening more and more frequently as time goes on (like 1 out of 5 times). If I bump the RPMīs up slightly from neutral it will engage forward most of the time but not every time.

Is this a sign that my shifter cables need adjusting or replaced entirely? Also, I am not getting any fault or error codes on my EVC.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that on my DPX drives, that is usually a simple shift cable adjustment (assuming that yours are mechanically shifted). It can be adjusted either at the shifters or at the drive.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, did you solve this. What was the root cause in the end ?
Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

You can shoot some lube like "chain and cable" into the electric shift actuators. Its just a worm drive that does dry out. I would not use wd40 as it dries out quickly.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wasn’t the shift cable... something in the drive, I forget but I’m sure Derek will chime in...