Notices
Formula

Looking for 292/303/311 SR1

Old 12-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 292/303/311 SR1

*New to the forum here*

First, a little background, I have been boating all my life, growing up on a searay Sundancer boating in upstate New York and on Lake Erie. Got rid of the sundancer and down sized to a 21’ searay Signature bowrider which happened to find the bottom of an inland lake this summer due to a storm.

So i have narrowed down that I’m looking for a 90’s and newer sr1 as I have fallen in love with the overall design and layout of the boat. There doesn’t seem to be many on the market as I have been cruising Facebook, boat trader, power boat listings, and ofcourse the classifieds on here.

One boat that has caught my eye my eye is th 1991 311 in Elkton Maryland listed through Popyatchs. Anyone have a backstory on the history of the boat? Seems like it has been taken care of and some serious money dropped into drives/motors and some upholstery. Looks like it could use some dash cleaning/updating.

Are there any other sites to be keeping an eye on when searching for a boat? If you guys could keep an eye out at your local marina or if you know anyone looking to sell and steer them my way.

Regards,

Ryan
Old 12-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Registered

Got a 1988 311SR1 I am "considering" parting with (girlfriend doesn't like it...lol) Engines/Trans/Drives were replaced 100% with NEW, not a stock part left! 735hp 572,s Konrad PRS drives w/optional HP lowers, Hueber Trannys. Upholstery and stereo system NEW. Hull is showing its age, could use paint or a wrap. If I keep it, would probably wrap it? In SW Michigan. If interested, [email protected] 616-260-4064. I can e-mail pics Didnt even hit the water this year
Old 12-28-2018, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome Ryan, you have great taste in boats. The market is vey difficult and challenging to navigate. My best advise is to take your time and research thoroughly any listing that meats your criteria. Distant Thunder was selling a nice 292 a few months back. It may be gone by now. Best of luck on your search , I will help if I see something. You will need cash in hand for the best deals.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ph1971
Welcome Ryan, you have great taste in boats. The market is vey difficult and challenging to navigate. My best advise is to take your time and research thoroughly any listing that meats your criteria. Distant Thunder was selling a nice 292 a few months back. It may be gone by now. Best of luck on your search , I will help if I see something. You will need cash in hand for the best deals.
Thanks for the mention! Unfortunately for me, she's living her life in sunny Jacksonville Florida now. The upside was that TomZ and I were able to run her down in VA Beach one more time.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Knotty girl
*New to the forum here*

First, a little background, I have been boating all my life, growing up on a searay Sundancer boating in upstate New York and on Lake Erie. Got rid of the sundancer and down sized to a 21’ searay Signature bowrider which happened to find the bottom of an inland lake this summer due to a storm.

So i have narrowed down that I’m looking for a 90’s and newer sr1 as I have fallen in love with the overall design and layout of the boat. There doesn’t seem to be many on the market as I have been cruising Facebook, boat trader, power boat listings, and ofcourse the classifieds on here.

One boat that has caught my eye my eye is th 1991 311 in Elkton Maryland listed through Popyatchs. Anyone have a backstory on the history of the boat? Seems like it has been taken care of and some serious money dropped into drives/motors and some upholstery. Looks like it could use some dash cleaning/updating.

Are there any other sites to be keeping an eye on when searching for a boat? If you guys could keep an eye out at your local marina or if you know anyone looking to sell and steer them my way.

Regards,

Ryan
Ryan,

Welcome to OSO and we look forward to joining you on your quest. The 311SR1 on POP has been listed for quite some time now but unfortunately, I don't recall the backstory on this boat.

As you may know, the market should be opening up in the next two or three months for Formula's. You will see quite a few pop up from the DMV area but the most Formula's I have seen in good shape with reasonable prices are usually to be found in the Northeastern region. Anywhere from the Great Lakes to the East Coast (at least in my searches over the years). The new owner of my 292SR1 was located in Florida and had been searching state by state for months until he found mine so it appears the pool is thinning out a bit.

Be patient and be picky, you will find the right one for you. Be sure to check the normal Formula problem areas prior to purchase.

These old Birds are a blast to own and the Formula community is a great one to be a part of.

I went from a 223LS to the 292SR1 over the years and loved every minute of it. I look forward to owning another one in the coming years.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

This one looks clean and with it's location is fresh water.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...761572183.html
Old 01-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

I have a 92 303 with 650 hp 540s. 901-491-4500
Old 01-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

We’ve got a 1999 353 Fastech for sale if any interest.

443-306-4489
Chris
Old 01-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
We’ve got a 1999 353 Fastech for sale if any interest.

443-306-4489
Chris
Chris,

I would like to stay at that 31’ mark due to trailering reasons. I would have to say that extra 4’ is a big jump in boat size. I’m sure your boat would be above my $30k budget. Willing to go slightly higher for the right boat. I do appreciate the thought and response.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
I have a 92 303 with 650 hp 540s. 901-491-4500
Would you have any more details on the boat?
hull hours, motor hours, drives, any refurbished areas, pictures? Saltwater or fresh water boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.