Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Looking for 292/303/311 SR1 >

Looking for 292/303/311 SR1

Like Tree11Likes

Looking for 292/303/311 SR1

Reply

Old 12-27-2018, 11:01 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: North East Ohio
My Boat: Looking
Posts: 11
Default Looking for 292/303/311 SR1

*New to the forum here*

First, a little background, I have been boating all my life, growing up on a searay Sundancer boating in upstate New York and on Lake Erie. Got rid of the sundancer and down sized to a 21 searay Signature bowrider which happened to find the bottom of an inland lake this summer due to a storm.

So i have narrowed down that Im looking for a 90s and newer sr1 as I have fallen in love with the overall design and layout of the boat. There doesnt seem to be many on the market as I have been cruising Facebook, boat trader, power boat listings, and ofcourse the classifieds on here.

One boat that has caught my eye my eye is th 1991 311 in Elkton Maryland listed through Popyatchs. Anyone have a backstory on the history of the boat? Seems like it has been taken care of and some serious money dropped into drives/motors and some upholstery. Looks like it could use some dash cleaning/updating.

Are there any other sites to be keeping an eye on when searching for a boat? If you guys could keep an eye out at your local marina or if you know anyone looking to sell and steer them my way.

Regards,

Ryan
distantthunder likes this.
Knotty girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:28 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Florida
My Boat: 90 Formula 242 SS
Posts: 245
Default

Welcome Ryan, you have great taste in boats. The market is vey difficult and challenging to navigate. My best advise is to take your time and research thoroughly any listing that meats your criteria. Distant Thunder was selling a nice 292 a few months back. It may be gone by now. Best of luck on your search , I will help if I see something. You will need cash in hand for the best deals.
distantthunder likes this.
ph1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 PM
  #3
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
distantthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Denton, MD
My Boat: 1989 Formula 223LS (SOLD), 1988 Formula 292SR1
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by ph1971 View Post
Welcome Ryan, you have great taste in boats. The market is vey difficult and challenging to navigate. My best advise is to take your time and research thoroughly any listing that meats your criteria. Distant Thunder was selling a nice 292 a few months back. It may be gone by now. Best of luck on your search , I will help if I see something. You will need cash in hand for the best deals.
Thanks for the mention! Unfortunately for me, she's living her life in sunny Jacksonville Florida now. The upside was that TomZ and I were able to run her down in VA Beach one more time.


TomZ likes this.
distantthunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:44 PM
  #4
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
distantthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Denton, MD
My Boat: 1989 Formula 223LS (SOLD), 1988 Formula 292SR1
Posts: 373
Default

Originally Posted by Knotty girl View Post
*New to the forum here*

First, a little background, I have been boating all my life, growing up on a searay Sundancer boating in upstate New York and on Lake Erie. Got rid of the sundancer and down sized to a 21 searay Signature bowrider which happened to find the bottom of an inland lake this summer due to a storm.

So i have narrowed down that Im looking for a 90s and newer sr1 as I have fallen in love with the overall design and layout of the boat. There doesnt seem to be many on the market as I have been cruising Facebook, boat trader, power boat listings, and ofcourse the classifieds on here.

One boat that has caught my eye my eye is th 1991 311 in Elkton Maryland listed through Popyatchs. Anyone have a backstory on the history of the boat? Seems like it has been taken care of and some serious money dropped into drives/motors and some upholstery. Looks like it could use some dash cleaning/updating.

Are there any other sites to be keeping an eye on when searching for a boat? If you guys could keep an eye out at your local marina or if you know anyone looking to sell and steer them my way.

Regards,

Ryan
Ryan,

Welcome to OSO and we look forward to joining you on your quest. The 311SR1 on POP has been listed for quite some time now but unfortunately, I don't recall the backstory on this boat.

As you may know, the market should be opening up in the next two or three months for Formula's. You will see quite a few pop up from the DMV area but the most Formula's I have seen in good shape with reasonable prices are usually to be found in the Northeastern region. Anywhere from the Great Lakes to the East Coast (at least in my searches over the years). The new owner of my 292SR1 was located in Florida and had been searching state by state for months until he found mine so it appears the pool is thinning out a bit.

Be patient and be picky, you will find the right one for you. Be sure to check the normal Formula problem areas prior to purchase.

These old Birds are a blast to own and the Formula community is a great one to be a part of.

I went from a 223LS to the 292SR1 over the years and loved every minute of it. I look forward to owning another one in the coming years.
Redneckcustoms13 likes this.
distantthunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,582
Default

This one looks clean and with it's location is fresh water.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...761572183.html
GLENAMY 242SS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:26 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Collierville, TN and Pickwick Lake
My Boat: Cigarette Tiger, Formula, Raysoncraft, Tahiti, Angler
Posts: 1,332
Default

I have a 92 303 with 650 hp 540s. 901-491-4500
payuppsucker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 PM
  #7
"because we can"
Gold Member
 
badmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
My Boat: Not another 353 Fastech
Posts: 1,502
Default

Weve got a 1999 353 Fastech for sale if any interest.

443-306-4489
Chris
badmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:29 PM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: North East Ohio
My Boat: Looking
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
Weve got a 1999 353 Fastech for sale if any interest.

443-306-4489
Chris
Chris,

I would like to stay at that 31 mark due to trailering reasons. I would have to say that extra 4 is a big jump in boat size. Im sure your boat would be above my $30k budget. Willing to go slightly higher for the right boat. I do appreciate the thought and response.
badmonkey likes this.
Knotty girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 PM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: North East Ohio
My Boat: Looking
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by payuppsucker View Post
I have a 92 303 with 650 hp 540s. 901-491-4500
Would you have any more details on the boat?
hull hours, motor hours, drives, any refurbished areas, pictures? Saltwater or fresh water boat?

Knotty girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:33 AM
  #10
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
TomZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
My Boat: '88 Formula 311 SR1 "Beach Party"
Posts: 1,647
Default

Originally Posted by distantthunder View Post
Thanks for the mention! Unfortunately for me, she's living her life in sunny Jacksonville Florida now. The upside was that TomZ and I were able to run her down in VA Beach one more time.
That was a great weekend Josh! I was sad to see her go.
TomZ is offline  
Reply With Quote

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser