Oil Filter Lines

Notices
Formula

Oil Filter Lines

Old 06-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Filter Lines

Rebuilding my 01 350 mpi small blocks. Went with Hardin seaward exhaust but the stock lines to remote oil filter are preventing me from bolting manifolds on. Tried bending them but to no avail. Thinking of making my own with black braided hose from summit. Any recommendations on hose and fittings? What size AN fittings? I’m hearing -10 hose, just don’t know what size fittings will mate up to what I got
Old 06-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 54 Posts

-8 is fine. I use aeroquip pushlock hose or fragola -an hose, and fragola fittings

-10 is way overkill for what you are doing
Old 06-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Registered

Realized after some assemble that due to exhaust and closed cooling kits I now have to completely relocate remote oil filter. Just not going to work due to the additional hoses. Thinking either center stringer or transom wall but need some bracket ideas or new kits, anyone got any ideas?
Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,231 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
Realized after some assemble that due to exhaust and closed cooling kits I now have to completely relocate remote oil filter. Just not going to work due to the additional hoses. Thinking either center stringer or transom wall but need some bracket ideas or new kits, anyone got any ideas?
I made a bracket from 1/4-inch angle aluminum and mounted my filter on the transom. Mag sure to seal the lag-bolts really well (4200 works best).

-TZ
Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just redoing the remote filter lines and the oil cooler lines on my boat. I went with black XRP Fittings and XR-31 black nylon braided hose from CP Performance. Was a cheaper solution than getting hoses made at the Parker Store. If you go with the push on hose you need to also use the crimp on retainers however the tool for that is $90.

Good Luck,

Pete
Old 06-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,231 Likes on 686 Posts

I used Parker push lock hoses and Jegs fittings when I did mine. No crimps needed and worked perfectly. Not a lot of dough either.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Hardin makes some pretty brackets and filter heads.

Are those crimps specified for those fittings? I don’t know and just asking. Hose clamps on push-on fitting actually compromise the integrity of the union.
Originally Posted by Peterkvs
I am just redoing the remote filter lines and the oil cooler lines on my boat. I went with black XRP Fittings and XR-31 black nylon braided hose from CP Performance. Was a cheaper solution than getting hoses made at the Parker Store. If you go with the push on hose you need to also use the crimp on retainers however the tool for that is $90.

Good Luck,

Pete
Old 06-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Hardin makes some pretty brackets and filter heads.

Are those crimps specified for those fittings? I don’t know and just asking. Hose clamps on push-on fitting actually compromise the integrity of the union.

XRP Push On Hose recommends that an XRP Ensure Clamp be used with their push on hose and push on fittings in race and high temperature applications. The Ensure Clamps are self tensioning and are installed and removed with Ensure Clamp Pliers. They look similar in construction to Oetker Clamps.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Registered

What size fittings?