F272 SR1 Breaker Panel Access

Notices
Formula

F272 SR1 Breaker Panel Access

Old 08-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F272 SR1 Breaker Panel Access

I have a 1989 F 272 SR1 That I need to access the 12 volt and 120 volt breaker panel, it is located in the cuddy locker next to the sink and wet bar. The locker is about 3" high, 12" wide and about 3' deep, and the panel is at the far end of it on the side of the boat, I need to access the horn which is on the outside of the panel and is through bolted through the hull and the wiring comes through at the same place. I have talked to Formula techs. and they are of no help, as they say there isn't any one left working there that is old enough to have worked on them !! Just wondering if there is a wall that can be removed or a hole cut in it by the sink or ?? Any ideas appreciated, if you have any answers or suggestions, I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks. Terry
Old 08-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a 242 sr1 and currently have a 311sr1. I can tell you that trying to dismantle some of the interior cabinets to get access is a challenge.... formula seemed to screw stuff together then placed the laminate over the cabinets after they were built inside the boat.

Anyways..... I would say you are on the right track, to try to access from that switch board. The other thing I would suggest is that if you can maybe get at it from the radio.... remove it.

To to be honest, my 311 did not have he horn through bolted. I just replaced it.

The other thing I could suggest is if you have a small child, send him in from the cockpit storage compartment. Sounds like I’m not serious, but I needed my grab rails bolted back on and some panels tightened.... sent my 8 year old at the time in there with a open end wrench.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Terry,

I saw your post on FB. That's a really small space to have to access!

My vote is to attempt removal of the breaker panel to see if that'll give you the access you need; even if it's just a small amount it may help. With the panel removed you may be able to get a long extension and a swivel in there to get to it.

Good luck!