Formula 252 Bow Rider Updates and Suggestions

Notices
Formula

Formula 252 Bow Rider Updates and Suggestions

Old 11-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Formula 252 Bow Rider Updates and Suggestions

I am taking ownership of a 1995 Formula 252 Bow Rider repowered with a 7.4L Horizon High Output with B3 Drive. I understand that is around 380hp. Motor has 100 hours. I previously owned a 1999 252SS with a 502 MAG MPI. Really fun boat but family didn't like the cuddy.

I would like to maybe push the motor a bit. I understand the HO versions can handle quite a bit more power. Not against supercharging, tuning, or modifying motor.

Aesthetically I want to remove bottom paint, modernize dash a bit, add a swim platform, and tower. Any ideas vendor ideas would be appreciated.

I looked at the newer boats and I like them but so heavy, slow, and expensive for the size and usage model. I am working on having this be the little fun boat and then get a 2nd larger boat later when I can find a dock. Use in San Francisco Bay and Lake Tahoe.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Because you are a Tahoe boater I would sidemount whipple that 454 and go boating.