New Formula 1999 Fastech 312 Owner

Like Tree12Likes

New Formula 1999 Fastech 312 Owner

Old 12-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Registered

Smile New Formula 1999 Fastech 312 Owner

HI All,

I want to introduce myself.

I live in the Buffalo, NY area and have been on boats a majority of my life. A lot when I was a kid on my parents boats (running them) and then with friends after college and have always loved boating especially the performance style boats and the sound of their engines...not to mention I am a BMW lover also with a fast 335i that has been tuned a bit.

Anyway, I just bought a 1999 Formula Fastech. Its is awesome condition with only 586 hrs. Its always seen fresh water. It has always had full maintenance, had the caps, rotors, plugs and wires replaced along with the steering system, the bellows, throttle system and control cables replaced and has had a nice Garmin system installed and LED lighting installed. The previous Owner was very fussy (like I am) and the boat is like new inside and out.

It has the 454's in it and the silent exhaust system has been remove (thank GOD). It will be made available for me. He told me it sounds great, nice and loud!!!

Anyway, the previous owner said its really great on fuel, he guesses because its EFI, and he has had a top speed of 65 out of it!

I am pretty excited and it will be a long winter...LOL!

I will try to post some pics of her when I can.

Any suggestions, comments and/or feedback would be appreciated. I have been told by all this is a great solid boat with a great ride and handling. I'm not looking to be the fastest just to have fun in a great sexy solid awesome sounding boat.

Thanks,

FD
Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats on the new to you "BIRD"...You will find many very passionate Formula owners on this site...I being one of them. IMO you will never find a better riding boat then a Formula. Best suggestion I can give you is ENJOY, be safe, take your time with any upgrades you may want to do, leave the boat STOCK...unless you want to start going crazy spending money . Look forward to seeing pics.
TomZ, ph1971 and FormulaDog like this.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Registered

Sounds like you scored a nice one. Welcome to the flock!
badmonkey and FormulaDog like this.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Registered

Thanks Badmonkey! I plan on leaving it stock, dont believe I want to get into all of that other than maybe, just maybe down the road a set of SS header risers. But not sure if that would do much if anything for performance.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ph1971 View Post
Sounds like you scored a nice one. Welcome to the flock!
Thanks, I think I did after all the research I did on several around the Country. Plus I only paid 38K for it with 30% off the dock season fee, all new fluids, free indoor storage this winter, a few minor things I wanted fixed, all new electrodes and a complete buff and detail inside and out along with the name being removed.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Registered

Does anyone know how long it takes before I can post pics???
Old 12-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Registered

10 posts

Sounds like a nice ride. Good luck!!! Definitely posts up some pictures.
FormulaDog likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FormulaDog View Post
Thanks Badmonkey! I plan on leaving it stock, dont believe I want to get into all of that other than maybe, just maybe down the road a set of SS header risers. But not sure if that would do much if anything for performance.
FD, it will just make it louder...which is never bad
FormulaDog likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
FD, it will just make it louder...which is never bad
Thats a good thing for sure. What would you guess it would cost??? Would it increase HP or mpg at all, maybe just a touch?
Old 12-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpsi68 View Post
10 posts

Sounds like a nice ride. Good luck!!! Definitely posts up some pictures.
Thanks!

OK, cool, getting close. I will as soon as it hits the magic 10 count.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser