Notices
Formula

New Boater

Old 01-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boater 252ss

Hello All,
I'm a new boat owner . I grew up boating with my dad on Lake Shelbyville in IL. We had a 24 ft Hurricane deck boat with Merc 200 saltwater, then a 25 ft pontoon with a Merc 150. I looked long and hard for my 1st boat - 15 years! (Not kidding) The time was right, and I found a 1997 Formula 252ss with the 7.4 MPI LX motor. It has 375 hours, and I paid $16,500 for it. I think I got a pretty good deal, as it's super clean with barely a nick on it. Any thoughts on how I did, and how this will be for a first boat are appreciated. Also, any tips from others who have the same boat would be great too.
Thank You

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-29-2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 01-30-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Sounds like a alright deal. Should be a good time had by all!!! Seems like you got a great first boat.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hello All,
I'm a new boat owner . I grew up boating with my dad on Lake Shelbyville in IL. We had a 24 ft Hurricane deck boat with Merc 200 saltwater, then a 25 ft pontoon with a Merc 150. I looked long and hard for my 1st boat - 15 years! (Not kidding) The time was right, and I found a 1997 Formula 252ss with the 7.4 MPI LX motor. It has 375 hours, and I paid $16,500 for it. I think I got a pretty good deal, as it's super clean with barely a nick on it. Any thoughts on how I did, and how this will be for a first boat are appreciated. Also, any tips from others who have the same boat would be great too.
Thank You
nice boat. Should do about 48 to 50 mph. Great family boat. Good deal especially if fresh water used?
Old 01-31-2020, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you got a great boat. Since you’ve been around boats for a while most of common issues are known by you. Bottom like do the maintenance, don’t beat the snot out of it and above all be safe

3pointstar