Cap to hull on old formula >

Cap to hull on old formula

Notices

Cap to hull on old formula

Old 04-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cap to hull on old formula

I have a little f206ls that Iím working on. The exhaust was leaking from the swim platform between transom(silent thunder). I removed the swim platform and found small gelcoat cracks and discoloring.
i decided to clean that up and paint the transom before the summer,which leads me to the other issue.
i pulled the rub rail around the entire boat to find that the screws and some through bolts are only thing holding the deck to the hull.
Iíve searched and found some seal it up with 3m 5200.Iím not sure this would be a good option with me not really having access to prep for it to adhere.
i almost want to shoot some two part epoxy up in there. I did already fill the rub rail holes with two part epoxy that I got at west marine,so it wouldnít be like swish cheese with all these extra holes. I plan on getting new rub rail for it.
i was just wondering if any of you members have had similar experiences with this,maybe you could give insight or opinions.
thanks keith
Old 04-25-2020, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Ratty, This is a extensive thread posted awhile back on this issue. There is alot of bashing but also some good info. I had the original boat that we found the issue with. I STILL am a formula owner and love their product. Its a relatively easy fix.
IMO......Formula may have a safety isssue with the hull/deck bonding.