292 Bravo 1 trim and limit senders labeling >

292 Bravo 1 trim and limit senders labeling

Notices

292 Bravo 1 trim and limit senders labeling

Old 07-18-2020, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 292 Bravo 1 trim and limit senders labeling

I want to install an MDC trim sync to my drives. On the Stbd engine side, There are 2 sets of black, 2 cord wires coming through the transom area of the engines input shaft.

One set of wires goes to Formula's wiring harness labeled analog trim . The other set runs down the Transon, turns and runs along the bilge to the Stbd side where it meets up to another wiring harness. I was unable to find the end of that wire or label.

The sync needs to connect to the trim sender wires. I was under the impression that the trim sender wouldn't be connected to anything being that there's a mechanical sender.

Is the trim analog wire the limit switch or the trim sender? Why does it seem the trim sender wire is connected to something and where would it go?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by AmiableDave; 07-19-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

The trim limit switch is a simple switch, it is labeled TL, the trim position switch is labeled TP and that is what you would want to connect to the MDC

the TL wires will end up at the trim pump, the TP wires go into the engine wire harness

Last edited by JaayTeee; 07-19-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:44 AM
Registered

This is what I have, Analog Trim . What is Analog Trim?

Last edited by AmiableDave; 07-19-2020 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That is the trim position sender, it is a potentiometer, a variable resistor, it’s used to provide a reference to an electrical trim gauge on the dash

Last edited by JaayTeee; 07-19-2020 at 07:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drumerjb (07-19-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Registered

Jay Teee, I know what the trim and limit senders are and what they do. If the picture above is the trim sender and not the limit sender, why is it connected to the wiring harness when I have mechanical indicators? Where would the wires lead?
Old 07-19-2020, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

How old is this ? if it’s new enough and has auto trim( an option that will trim the drives automatically) they would be used, if not and if there’s no electronic trim gauges, they are probably just plugged into the engine harness and are just dead ended at the helm, chance are, when they rig these, they just connect up the wiring that is present between the engine and transom assemblies.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee View Post
How old is this ? if it’s new enough and has auto trim( an option that will trim the drives automatically) they would be used, if not and if there’s no electronic trim gauges, they are probably just plugged into the engine harness and are just dead ended at the helm, chance are, when they rig these, they just connect up the wiring that is present between the engine and transom assemblies.
The boat is a 2013, 292 Fastech. It has no auto trim. What senders are the analog trim? Thank you