Fastech windshield support >

Fastech windshield support

Notices

Fastech windshield support

Old 10-24-2020, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Please ignore double picture....
3d printed piece is built from 2 pieces. Aluminum, ready to go would be machined form single piece. It was just easier for me to print it from 2 elements.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 102 Likes on 51 Posts

That is going to be a nice piece ! Maybe you could get Formula to give you the specs on all the different model of FT's, that way you could make them per order and not have so much engineering and setup costs.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 206 Likes on 150 Posts

Guys, I do not know about the newer windshields, but on the SR1 boats, the windshield frame has joints that allow it to move. Mine will move around quite a bit between the two halves and I see no way to tighten it up (meaning that I think itís there by design). I would think that if you were to remove the frameís ability to move around, you could be inviting more of a chance of breakage. Edit: The boat is not rigid and flexes some by design (otherwise it would break). I would think the frame needs the ability to move with the hull.

Just my thoughts based on what Iíve seen on mine.

Last edited by TomZ; 10-25-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:50 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
Guys, I do not know about the newer windshields, but on the SR1 boats, the windshield frame has joints that allow it to move. Mine will move around quite a bit between the two halves and I see no way to tighten it up (meaning that I think itís there by design). I would think that if you were to remove the frameís ability to move around, you could be inviting more of a chance of breakage. Edit: The boat is not rigid and flexes some by design (otherwise it would break). I would think the frame needs the ability to move with the hull.

Just my thoughts based on what Iíve seen on mine.
Good friend of mine lost the front stbd glass (whole) on his 95 271 SR1 in a poker run, damn near took his head off too on its way out. I wouldnt go that far by saying its "designed" to flex. Mine 292 fastech windshield flexes so bad all the screws will fall out in a weekend, its gotten so bad I've had to get larger screws to hold it together.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:03 AM
Registered

Received 197 Likes on 92 Posts

I have a starboard curved glass for the sr1 if anyone needs one.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 206 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Franks292 View Post
Good friend of mine lost the front stbd glass (whole) on his 95 271 SR1 in a poker run, damn near took his head off too on its way out. I wouldnt go that far by saying its "designed" to flex. Mine 292 fastech windshield flexes so bad all the screws will fall out in a weekend, its gotten so bad I've had to get larger screws to hold it together.
Wow!!

That's pretty damn scary.

My boat has had evidence of the glass breaking at some point in it's life but I figured something maybe fell out it or something (I've found the broken pieces in tiny crevices and the bilge). Knowing the previous owner, I doubt it broke from being run hard. I guess I should ask him.

I have considered replacing the glass with Lexan, but damn if that wouldn't be stupid expensive.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What I have found is that like everything else on a boat, they come loose. I through bolted mine. There where just a couple I couldn't get at on the port side by the TV ant. If your boat is flexing that much I would tighten everything you can. See if your bow rails, the rails around the engine compartment, and the through bolts for the hull and deck are loose. Even through they are bonded I would sung them up a little. Be careful not to over tighten the Bow rails, you can suck them down to much and crack the gel coat around them. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:21 AM
Registered

It took us a while to get the first billet pice machinned. Here it is ! Fits perfectly to the helm and windshield frame. Angle is just right.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:22 AM
Registered

Old 05-02-2021, 08:24 AM
Registered

5/16 threaded holes for mounting it through helm. I am planning to use either bolts with oversized washers or another option is industrial grade double stick tape that actually works very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.