Joined the Formula Family

Notices

Joined the Formula Family

Old 02-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Joined the Formula Family

Hello All,
My name is Cory. Sold our Baja 252 Islander & just closed on a 2002 Formula 353 Fastech. Looking forward to great fun on this boat.
Boat is in Michigan in a heated garage - I will winterize the boat myself in previous owners garage and pull it home next week. I'm confident that I can handle the 496HO Winterizing process. The question I have is winterization of the other water system. Fresh water for sink & toilet. I assume just add RV Antifreeze to that holding tank and run through both systems? Can anyone help me with that question? Maybe there is a existing thread?
Thanks for any help!!
The following 3 users liked this post by Coryfred:
4mulafastech (02-14-2021), FormulaFord (03-15-2021), oconnor marine (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Water system can be done with an air compressor and less then 1 gal of AF.
Run the water pump until tank is empty from the sink
Drain hot water tank, then disconnect the in/out lines and join together with fitting or other piece of hose
Disconnect line coming from water pump and connect air compressor with regulator. Set reg to 25 psi
Open valves and keep toilet valve open until air comes out with next to no water
Disconnect compressor and put things back together
Pour a little AF in toilet and flush, then just a little more on top
If there is a sump box, empty it and then pour a little AF in it

Could also sign up on the Formula forum to get more insight about your new boat
The following users liked this post:
speicher lane (02-10-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome to the Formula Family! You should enjoy the Formula experience over your previous boat and Congratulations!

The 496 I believe has an air pump connection to purge the system once you are full of antifreeze, but someone else can confirm that

As far as the sink and toilet is concerned, I have always ran RV antifreeze through it and purged with air. I am located in Maryland.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing some pictures!