What do you do? >

What do you do?

Notices
Formula

What do you do?

Old 12-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the nuclear power business. Work in the maintenance department as a Code, Welding, Structural, Civil engineer. We troubleshoot equipment, write procedures and work plans, inspect components and systems and above all.............we assure the safety and of this facility. You can't make a move around here without several layers of review and approval. PIA but necessary. A nuclear power plant is a pretty cool place, equipment, structures, supports and whatnot are huge. T
Old 12-15-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing wrong with that masi242. It's got to be a good sales opportunity with they way we Americans eat. Are they based out of Worcestor?

Rambunctious, I can't dream of a better way to spend high scool nights!

RNH, that certainly is a large change. I might send you a PM sometime as I have taken a liking to masonry and landscaping lately. I always wondered how pools are made.

I'm glad this thread is still going. It's also nice to see a lot of hard working people out there.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:40 PM
RNH

goove - i don't particulary enjoy hard work but i suppose i'm much like every other oso guy -

Hard Work = money for boat and fuel for boat.

i like a quote someone posted on the board, he said he spends most of his money on wild women and boats - the rest of it he just waste.

rnh

Old 12-16-2002, 11:04 AM

After graduating from Purdue with a degree in electrical engineering in '77 (I knew C_Spray there, by the way he is more than a gearhead, he is the "man" when it comes to high performance) went to work in Chicago for ComEd the electric company, spent 23 years there. Held a variety of jobs from lab technician to field engineer to manager of several different engineering groups. In 2001 I quit and went to work for an English company that makes generators as Director of Marketing. This allowed me to move to the St. Louis area (2 1/2 hours from my favorite lake, Ky Lake rather than 7 hours away) and I work from my home. I get to spend a lot more time at the lake on the boat and with the family although I travel a lot, but when I am home I am home (you know the quality time bit).
Attached Thumbnails What do you do?-boat-cumberland-cropped.jpg  

Last edited by boatinbill; 12-19-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:45 AM
Wild Horses

I’m a consultant in the Information Technology sector. Project management, business analysis & design. Currently I am assisting the provincial Justice Enterprise Cluster in rollout of applications to municipal police services and the OPP.

Old 12-19-2002, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by boatinbill
After graduating from Purdue with a degree in electrical engineering in '77 (I knew C_Spray there, by the way he is more than a gearhead, he is the "man" when it comes to high performance, you do not become a chief mechanic or Indy car team manager for Penske unless you're at the top) went to work in Chicago for ComEd the electric company, spent 23 years there. Held a variety of jobs from lab technician to field engineer to manager of several different engineering groups. In 2001 I quit and went to work for an English company that makes generators as Director of Marketing. This allowed me to move to the St. Louis area (2 1/2 hours from my favorite lake, Ky Lake rather than 7 hours away) and I work from my home. I get to spend a lot more time at the lake on the boat and with the family although I travel a lot, but when I am home I am home (you know the quality time bit).
Old 01-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by boatinbill
After graduating from Purdue with a degree in electrical engineering in '77 (I knew C_Spray there, by the way he is more than a gearhead, he is the "man" when it comes to high performance).....
(Blushing) Aww, shucks...... that lil' ole race in Indy weren' t nuthin'. Got 10 o' them winner rings - one for each finger. Only got one Purdue Grand Prix win, though - it a lot of ways, that race is tougher.

(Helps being around others who really, truly ARE "the men".)
Old 01-11-2003, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Here it goes,
After college, I went to work for good ole Bell Atlantic for a couple of years. I traveled up and down the east coast installing and programming large PBX telephone switches. Being single at the time, it was fun, but got old quick!!
Started working for the Gov't at the Senate in 1987 as as telephone repairman. In 1992 I moved into the computer LAN group (new challenge). I now am a Network Engineer in the Engineering and Implementation Dept. and absolutely love my job. We get to play with things in the lab and make sure they work and then someone else installs it.

I also do alot of switch and router configuration and network design as well as RF communications for the US Capitol Police. But the best part of my job is that I work four 10 hour days per week which leaves an extra day each week to do the things that I like (golfing and boating).

Craig
Old 01-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

C-Spray!

I was on a BOAT watching that race when your car did that little dance! If I remember right, I was eating a pimento cheese sandwich (It sticks in my memory cause I just held the sandwich near my mouth so long in shock that some of the pimento stuff fell on my legs - didn't he only lose a couple of positions? ).
Old 01-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Only lost one place: from first to second, and we took first back for good about 40 laps later. Really f@*ked up that set of tires, though. They were "pretty square", as Danny put it. To his credit, Danny never took credit for the save: "I just opened my eyes, and there was Turn 2 right in front of me, so I dropped it down a gear and took off". The best driving of the day was Mario - he saved them both, leaving four black marks as he turned back RIGHT to collect his car after swerving left to avoid Danny. This is a very, very hard thing to do in a car set up only to turn left.....

When we all saw the replay that night, we couldn't believe it, even though Guererro had done the same thing the previous year, and finished second.

Can't stand pimiento cheese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.