2002 Formula 27 PC Question

Notices
Formula

2002 Formula 27 PC Question

Old 01-10-2024, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 2002 Formula 27 PC Question

I have a 2002 Formula 27 PC that I have a couple questions on. First one is I can not find where the fuel level sender is on the tank. The only part of the tank I can see Is in the engine compartment and I do not see the fuel level sender there. There is also an access panel underneath the aft bed, but when I lift it up all I see is wood.

Next question is I can not for the life of me figure out what this switch is for on the dash, anybody know?

And final question, I need to replace the toilet and have been unable to come up with one. The current one is a sealand Model 1006, has anybody found a replacement for this?
Old 01-10-2024, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 372 Posts

The fuel tank sender is under the AFT berth. Lift the mattress and there is a inspection cover that gets removed

I had a 27PC but cannot remember what it was, might be wiper

Suggest posting on Formula forum https://formulaboatsforum.com/VBFORUM/index.php

My PC had a vac-u-flush, yours should also
Old 01-10-2024, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 646 Likes on 300 Posts

You know...Carling makes nice new switch covers...
105Fountain (01-11-2024), IGetWet (01-11-2024), Knot 4 Me (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaman
You know...Carling makes nice new switch covers...
I am planning on replacing all switches, just need to know what to get etched into the new ones
Old 01-11-2024, 02:53 PM
Registered

The unknown switch in fact is the wiper switch. With a flash light on it I could faintly make out the words, but I guess they don't work as the Wipers do not move when I turn the switch on.

This is the access hole under the aft bed and as you can see there is nothing underneath it, but I do now see wires heading in that direction that I assume are for the fuel level sender. Do I dare take a hole saw and put a hole in the middle of the wood?

Old 01-11-2024, 04:05 PM
Registered

Formula didn't cut the hole, most likely forgot to. Mine had one of those quick access ports. and the tank was about 1.5 to 2 inch below the wood.
Suggest drill a small hole in the center. Then take a piece of wire and measure the depth. If depth is good, use a 4 inch hole saw
Old 01-15-2024, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 911 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanw10
The unknown switch in fact is the wiper switch. With a flash light on it I could faintly make out the words, but I guess they don't work as the Wipers do not move when I turn the switch on.

This is the access hole under the aft bed and as you can see there is nothing underneath it, but I do now see wires heading in that direction that I assume are for the fuel level sender. Do I dare take a hole saw and put a hole in the middle of the wood?

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Formula didn't cut the hole, most likely forgot to. Mine had one of those quick access ports. and the tank was about 1.5 to 2 inch below the wood.
Suggest drill a small hole in the center. Then take a piece of wire and measure the depth. If depth is good, use a 4 inch hole saw
Ryan,

A quick suggestion, born out of an abundance of paranoia...

Follow AllDodge's suggestion, with one addition.... Once the pilot drill of the hole saw is through the wood (it should be well ahead of the saw cylinder), stop, remove the drill bit from it and replace it with a 1/4" dowel pin. You may be able to just swap ends on the drill and use the shank as a pilot. If the cylinder of the hole saw is engaged enough in the wood, you may be able to just do without the pilot altogether, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 01-15-2024, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Ryan,

A quick suggestion, born out of an abundance of paranoia...

Follow AllDodge's suggestion, with one addition.... Once the pilot drill of the hole saw is through the wood (it should be well ahead of the saw cylinder), stop, remove the drill bit from it and replace it with a 1/4" dowel pin. You may be able to just swap ends on the drill and use the shank as a pilot. If the cylinder of the hole saw is engaged enough in the wood, you may be able to just do without the pilot altogether, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks. Brad.
That's a good point and safer

Could also if dowl doesn't work, cut a hole using the hole saw in another piece of wood. Now screw that piece of wood over tank. Remove dril bit and saw will cut thru and pilot won't be needed