Post pictures of your formula!!! >

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cuda- mid 60's or thereabouts. I believe we are short some prop. I am going to fool around with some Hydromotives and some Bravo 1's this spring and see where we go. And- Palm Beach rules!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Out in lake Huron.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-dsc01911.jpg  
Old 02-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda

I'm happy to see one that year that isn't the Palm Beach colors!
Be kind, be kind. Actually, I'm going to paint over the magenta with "awlgrip" yellow, and have the magenta in the cockpit done over with a matching yellow. I think that will set it apart a bit and something I can do myself.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

Formula Outlaw- Hey, there is nothing wrong with Palm Beach on a Formula. I have a friend with a PB 311 that has like 200 original hrs on it- it still shines like brand new. He used some tape to cover the magenta- and you honestly can't tell its tape until you get right up on it. I will argue that Palm Beach is better than Son-of-a-Beach any day . . .
Old 02-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cuda, get me a better pic and ill do the colors really good in photoshop or atleast try too
Old 02-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Registered

"Sea", I actually like the "lines" of the Palm Beach colors, it's just that the teal, black, magenta, sea green/blue is just so common. I was just looking at Outlaw the other day and though, hell, if I just go over the magenta with yellow, that would set it apart, and still keep the lines. I think adding the yellow is a good color to the other three and "updates" the color scheme a little. The tape idea sounds good. I will check that out. That would be easier and cheaper, for now, than paint. Thanks for the info.

Here is a picture, now has a white rubrail and white hatches on the foredeck. Engine louvers are now white also. Look at this and give me some feedback on whether you agree with me about going over the magenta with yellow. Thanks.....Russ
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-outlaw2.jpg  

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-01-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Outlaw- I believe Formula actually made a boat in that exact scheme. I looked at an '89 that was yellow, blue, black, just like you are proposing. I put up a post in the Tech section about the cost to put on a rub-rail. I have done it on a '24, but I don't have access to my boat / facility to do the work. It really updates the look. How did you do the hatches?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Registered

I don't have a big HP or performance boat but I do have a passion for boating, so here's mine.

This is on a Formula Rally out of Kent Narrows on the Chesapeake Bay, giving all I had about 55+ mph. It was in August and about 105 degrees thus the bimini top was up.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-gregs-formula1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered

"Sea", it's actually pretty easy to replace the rubrail. For right now, I just painted mine along with the foredeck hatches. I used a "fusion" paint from, believe it or not, Krylon, and it works reasonably well. This spring I will replace it with a new white one. Cost of the rail for my boat is going to be around three hundred bucks. Two people can install it rather easily with a good hair dryer or heat gun to be able to make the bends around the back corners and up at the bow. The hardest part is getting the old one off. "Awlgrip" would work well, but for the cost and hassle you might as well replace it. Plus with the white rail, it eliminates those black splotches that sometimes will run down the side of the hull during a lot of rain if I don't have my "main" full cover on. I do have to touch the rail up from time to time but that's not a big deal. The updated look is more than worth it.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

I just called about the seats I ordered for my 20 footer. It's been over three months and they still haven't started them.

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.