Post pictures of your formula!!! >

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Originally Posted by chuck21401
That's good. I'm drydocked and jealous!
Why in drydock?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Treads
Why in drydock?
Engine sucked in salt water and hydrolocked...

Was thinking about a 502 long block...decided to sell it as is and get a bigger boat...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=129418

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=131446
Old 06-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck,

So the deal clsoe on the sale of your 242? There might be a nice 292 with twin 454's going on the market in Middle River, not really sure. Also another guy has a 272 with twins, and he isn't even putting it in this year, running a little center consloe instead.

Let me know where your at with your deal.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Treads
Chuck,

So the deal clsoe on the sale of your 242? There might be a nice 292 with twin 454's going on the market in Middle River, not really sure. Also another guy has a 272 with twins, and he isn't even putting it in this year, running a little center consloe instead.

Let me know where your at with your deal.
My deal is just about done. Money is being sent today...to pay of the bank...then I get the lien release...new buyer is taking delivery June 24-25. Doesn't really matter when he comes to get the boat...once that loan is paid off and the documents are signed that thing is SOLD!

I was near the Middle River last weekend looking at a 272 with new motors. It was at Sunset Harbor marina. The boat had new power but the paint job and other repairs scared me off.

Let me know if either of the boats you mentioned are on the market. Ideally I'd like to find a boat that includes a trailer....and doesn't need motors/drives or a whole lot of work...I'd like to turn the key and go. July 4th is right around the corner which means summer is almost 1/2 over. But I'm going to hold out for a nice one.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Chuck,

this is actually Rambunctious logged on waterfoul's account. I can't seem to post with my "free" logon.
anyway. I am ready to sell my 1988 272 with twin 330hp 454's and bravos. It has 470 original hours and the entire boat is original except some white vinyl ( sent by formula) on the sunpad. includes a like new manning triple axle trailer. boat is in excellent condition and turn key. (I'm an anal engineer...is that redundant ??)
if you go back in this thread, you should find my video I made.
send a email to me if any interest. robert dot hamelink at jci.com

Reason for sale ( there is only one) looking for bigger formula.

Rambunctious
Rob
Old 06-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

the entire boat is original except some white vinyl ( sent by formula) on the sunpad.
oh, I forgot
I rebuilt the common problematic front surface of the silent thunder swim platform(marine professional replacement of marine plywood) and I modified the silent thunder exhaust with hose to carry the exhaust striaght through to the square tips.
( all this has been posted and discussed on the board)

other than that.... stock.....

Ramb
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

Rob,

I'll send you an email...I remember seeing the video and reading about the modifications/repairs to the silent thunder platform. Michigan is 700 miles from Maryland?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Chuck.....didn't you ask me to get more info on the 88(?) 272 with 10 hr small blocks that is for sale near me. I can't find the guys info but if your interested I'll track him down. (red/black, supposed to be very good condition on a trailer, probably around $26-27K)

Russ C.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ramb, that`s a beautiful boat I loved the video and what you did with the exhaust, that`s what started my platform project and it came out great nice sound

Good luck with the sale

mark
Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

sleek1,
Thank you! I just bought this boat. I am going to have the dash painted white. This boat already has the upgraded bezels and gauges, so I just need the dash painted and I am looking for some trick dash pannels (maybe carbon fiber).

offthefront,
I just got back from vacation with my wife and daughter, I believe the helm was the factory tilt. The photo makes the tilt look exteme . In this photo the wheel is tilted all the way up.
Chris

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.