bimini top--who's got one?

Notices
Formula

bimini top--who's got one?

Old 02-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bimini top--who's got one?

I want to have one custom made for my 303. My question is should I have it made with support poles so I don't have to lay it down on the sumpad, or should I lay it down when not in use?

It will be up with the family in the boat (infant on board) but will be down for faster runs with my buddies.

Let me know what you have on your boat.

Toolman
Old 02-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Banned

Norty has one and flies it proudly!
Old 02-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

Toolman; I have a 303 that come with a bimani. It has the support poles but I don't run with it folded and on the poles because it bounces around too much. The poles do make it easy to fold and cover before laying down.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
Norty has one and flies it proudly!

Yeah! I have one, but only have used it once in the ocean when Jeffrey wanted to put it up last year. Friggin poodle! Other than that, I only had it on when I took delivery of the boat in Havasu. It's a bimini that Dick Simon had made for me........they called it "The 100MPH Bimini". I guess because it was made with 1" stainless.

Here's a link to some pictures taken the weekend I took delivery. I think it makes the boat look funny, but it sure is functional in the hot hot weather in Havasu.

http://www.vxi.cc/phantomchaos/Universal-Chaos.htm

Good Luck!
Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Registered

I have one one "Outlaw" that when mounted, lays down on the sunpad. Fortunately, it comes off in about two minutes or less and I only have it on in the dead heat of summer when the wife complains too much. Amazing how often I forget to put it on before we get to the ramp. Oh well.....
Old 02-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Troutly
I had one on our 353. I liked it on that boat as it stowed away under the engine hatch. I have one for my 382, but have not put it on yet. I am still undecided if I am going to have it put on, or sell it. It does not stow under the hatch like the 353, but either on top of the hatch or in the upright folded position.

Poodle!
Old 02-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
I have one one "Outlaw" that when mounted, lays down on the sunpad. Fortunately, it comes off in about two minutes or less and I only have it on in the dead heat of summer when the wife complains too much. Amazing how often I forget to put it on before we get to the ramp. Oh well.....
Poodle!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Registered

Wink

I will have one when my new 353 arrives in 3 weeks
Old 02-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally posted by cuda
Poodle!

I hate it. And that's DOBERMAN to you (and birds, cats, three other dogs, and of course, Elroy the bunny rabbit.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I guess I'm a poodle. I have one on my 311. Here in Upstate NY, you never know when your gonna get douched!!! It's nice to have. Folds down on sunpad. Don't like it there because it deforms the sun pad a bit. But. I'm kind of like Formula Outlaw,,,,,,,,,, I really only bring to keep the wife happy.

Really need to have the top made so it will lay down. Driving at speed in waves or wakes shakes the chit out of it in the upright and folded position.

Quick Reply: bimini top--who's got one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.