Formula

Head in 311sr

Old 07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Head in 311sr

I'm glad someone brought up the subject! What the frig is with the seat cover? you cannot put it up without duct taping it to the wall. My wife has the bladder of a drunk pregnant woman and uses the head often. I have to use a boat hook to prop up the cover so she can use it. Am I missing some kind of hook on the wall or something?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, ah, how is it done? I assume there is no fitting or anything that you have to open or any of that? Just pull the "waste" cap off, stick the sucker hose in the waste-cap-hole and start pumpin'? And CMG, that lid is pretty silly stuff- no hook, no prop, no nothing- but when you are lounging or entertaining in the head locker it is a nice place to sit, kick back and relax . . .
Old 07-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
So, ah, how is it done? I assume there is no fitting or anything that you have to open or any of that? Just pull the "waste" cap off, stick the sucker hose in the waste-cap-hole and start pumpin'? And CMG, that lid is pretty silly stuff- no hook, no prop, no nothing- but when you are lounging or entertaining in the head locker it is a nice place to sit, kick back and relax . . .

Sit Back and relax ? you 3'9" ?
Old 07-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Registered

To pump out the head, just open the waste cap and go for it. Then dump some water down inside after the tank is empty to rinse it out. Throw some of your favorite blue stuff in the base. That's about it.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LutzParty
It is a tight space but when it is needed its there. I cant figure out how to get water into it to flush it out. We have just been bucketing water into it. DUH anyone know what needs to be turned on???
Are you talking about the 775 portable pumpout head? If so, you unscrew the cap on the back right (#3 in the pic) and fill it with water, then when you use it, push down on the bellows (#2 - haha, ahh the irony) to pump the water from the top down to the bowl.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

It was a wonderful experience- pulling into Glencove Yacht Club in my Uncle Eddie 311 sr 1 (trying not to scratch the multi-million dollar inventory of Sunseekers and new Formulas) and telling them to suck my head . . . and Offthefront, I am at least 5'11'' with the afro and the platform shoes . . .
Old 08-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't have the pumpout fitting on the boat.
I just carry the 775 out of the boat to dump er out. No biggie.

We don't use it very much. Mainly for the kids.
I don't fit in there, and I'd just as soon pee off the stern anyhow.

Makes a good closet though.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
I don't have the pumpout fitting on the boat.
I just carry the 775 out of the boat to dump er out. No biggie.

We don't use it very much. Mainly for the kids.
I don't fit in there, and I'd just as soon pee off the stern anyhow.

Makes a good closet though.
Exactly what we do. I have the dock-side pump out but never use it. Can't stand the thought of all that crap laying there in the hose!! It doesn't all come out. I ripped out all that plumbing for mine. It has a macerator pump and thru hull discharge. Not legal in the Great Lakes. Only thing left of the system is the pump way up front and the thru-hull valve and fittings. Like to get rid of that valve too. It's in the engine bay in front of the starboard engine, right in the way. I'm chicken about removing it though. Doesn't leak now but it probably would after I got done focking with it!!!!

Anyway, it's just as easy to pull the potty out and empty/clean it.

I had to replace ours. Bought a Thetford model 155. Fits perfect! Just doesn't come with fittings for dock-side pumpout connections. 85.00 bucks.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok its raining here (Charlie) so I pokin around ...pulled the head out just to see how it werks ...got an idea .. how about when you open the door the head is right there ..facing you ...you would open the door ...stand or sit ...hell of lot more room ..anyone know what is under the decking right in front of where you would put you feet now if sitting on the pottie ? .. yea you have to leave the door open ...but hey .. were all friends .. right ? The door is a little narrow ..could open the door way a little more...have to make a new door ... any thoughts ?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

`Does a 1989 242 LS take the same Thetford 775? If not please enlighten. I went out and purchased a standard (I thought it was standard) head from west marine and just when I was planning my first trip with it, I found out it doesn't fit (boat never came with one). Also, I read above they don't make them anymore but does anyone have any ideas for something that would fit? Any help will be appreciated by my wife.

Quick Reply: Head in 311sr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.