Like suggestions please

Notices
Formula

Like suggestions please

Old 11-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Like suggestions please

Russ, I'd go with full black starting at about you bilge outlet at an angle that gets wider as it goes down, then do the whole transom in black to the water line. You'll like having a black transom. As far as swim platform, I'd leave it off. Then next year count how many times you say "I wish I had a swim platform". A clean transom looks like the real deal, not a sunchasing trawler. Kind of goes with my thought about the "B" word.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok why is it that I am thinking just cut the stipes back to the corner and leave the transom white?????? Simple easy and I think it will look killer.

Jon
Old 11-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok why is it that I am thinking just cut the stipes back to the corner and leave the transom white?????? Simple easy and I think it will look killer.

Jon
I think it would look like someone removed the silent thunder, then left it like that.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

Cuda, can you draw the lines for me how you would do it in black, I'm kind of having a hard time visualizing it.

Would you bring the angle from the bilge pump forward or rearward?

Another thought is white would appear cleaner longer. Soon as you splash a black boat in salt water it looks dirty.

I'm really lost on what to do here. I was thinking teal for awhile, but like CMG said, we have enough teal on the boats and it damn sure isn't going to be Magenta. I'm ultimately going to go over the magenta stripe with yellow. Maybe I should do the transom in yellow? Hell I don't know. Keep the suggestions coming please, I'm really stuck on this issue.

Eddie Marine sent me all the brackets I need for the oil filters, shift brackets, and ignition modules yesterday, AT NO CHARGE. That was really cool. Now I just need to get the riser gaskets and pick up the riser spacers, supposedly tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw

Another thought is white would appear cleaner longer. Soon as you splash a black boat in salt water it looks dirty.

Ah, Grasshopper, salt on the transom doesn't look nearly as bad as soot!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Cuda, can you draw the lines for me how you would do it in black, I'm kind of having a hard time visualizing it.

See post three.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Banned

I may have done a poor job describing it.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Russ-

Don't leave the back white. It looks unfinished. It you are going to do anything just wrap the stripes around the back of the boat.
If you are going to go through that much work you might as well just paint the entire boat the way you want. It would be worth the work. I know it was for me.

Don
Old 11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

How's this for a basic idea? It's not Monet, as I spent all of 30 seconds on it, but a basic idea. Basically like Cuda's rear, but teal instead of black to match your colors. Also only one color to deal with. These 311 as so ass heavy, you barely see the rear anyways! Unless you are designing this to be yard art (i.e. not planning to go in the water this decade), then that's a different story
Attached Thumbnails Like suggestions please-boatreartwo-mod-.jpg  

Last edited by jaybird; 11-23-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd just leave it white. I don't think it will look like you took off the silent thunder if you leave it white. Someone who has a Formula with a silent thunder platform might know you took it off but nobody else will. Before the days of the silent thunder the stripes terminated right around the transom and the transom was mostly white. Here's the back of my 357.
Attached Thumbnails Like suggestions please-55842718_10.jpg  

Quick Reply: Like suggestions please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.