Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed

Notices
Formula

Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed

Old 02-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed

I'm planning a redo of interior on 1986 SR357. Would like some idea's of what other folks have done. Mine is the original stuff--pics attached--with grey mouse-fur headliner, gery vinyl wall coverings, dark grey carpet and ho-house cranberry veoulr cushions.

I found some fabric by Majilite that's exactly like Ultrasuede/Ultraleather at 1/4 the price that I'm thinking about using for cushions, backrests and wallcoverings.

Thought about using some planked vinyl flooring material that simulates a teak look to replace carpet.

Has anybody reomved the wallcovering in older SR357? What did you find or run into?

What have you done to update look of cusions and backrests?

How about the valences that hide the "mood" lighting--what have people done to up grade or improve those expensive 12v flourscent lights in cabin>

What about "formula wood" and mirror replacements?

What about colors--graphies in cabin?

I'm a true Interior "Desecrator" so any pointers sure would be great--

AS long as I'm beggin--has anybody cover black dash with vinyl fabric to get new color? Is it doable--wil it last--can a novice do it or should I hire someone ?

Poorsche
Attached Thumbnails Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed-interior-1.jpg   Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed-interior-2.jpg   Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed-dash-1.jpg  

Old 02-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed

Keep this going and let us know how it goes ....why not just paint the helm panels ?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Registered

I want to get that entire instrument area in what or yellow and want to add bezels to guages. Also lower row of guages are on a removable panel that blacl plstic--i want that whole guage area on a colored insert to get the colr an revise the layout.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Banned

Where did you find the pseudo ultra leather?
Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered

Compay is Majilite ( http://www.majilite.com/ ). They will sell direct and they sent me their entire fabric sample kit. They really have nice stuff and reasonably priced. I think Gulf Fabrics in Tampa also reps them. The range of colors, textures,and all that desecrator stuff impressed me but my eye for all that is like Ray Charles.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Registered

I thought sure people would post pictures of interior's--I really need some idea's if you have some--
Old 02-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered

I think the problem is that not many people redo the cabin interiors. Maybe there's not enough left after doing engine/cockpit mods, or since the cabin usually doesn't get used as much, they stay pretty nice. Actually yours looks like it's in good shape although I'm not fond of the pimp-daddy red. I did look at a 311 several years ago that had it. I didn't like it, but it wouldn't have been a deal breaker either (like the bad condition the rest of the boat was in...)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Registered

I'm tired of the pimp-daddy velour for starters (even though the paint job is a maybe little bizarre). The foam has gotten as hard as a rock too, the silver in the mirrors has gotten real dark so I want to upgrade it all. I spend weekends on the boat and ahve already got the stereo aond video stuff all updated--now I want to update the look too.

Another project is to find an alternative to the porta-crapper--possibly having to clean that thing is nasty thought so I don't let anyone use it.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered

First thing all the "cloth" in the head has to go ....Looked at a 98 353 cpl of weeks ago and it was ALL Gel Coat in the head ...Was wondering if it would be possible to install a Porcelain head ...Some of the 353's and 382's have em ..you would have to install a holding tank somewhere though ....Then Pump out or go 3 miles offshore ..... ...and it needs to have more headroom ...the 353 we looked at had enough headroom ..wasn't great but usable ...
There is a hole under the lounge area right in the front and my Porta Pottie almost fits ...you open the hole a tad then would slip right in ...you would have a slight rise at the V but I think it would be better ...I guess the reason most are located there ...If you had all vinyl and even a smooth floor would be easy to keep clean ..
Old 02-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered

Also ....what you said about most dont redo the cabin cause there isnt much $$ left . I have plans just like everyone ...but seems if you do it stages ...to work form the inside out ...get all the cabin done first ? ..I would hate to put 5-10K or more in cockpit/hull work and then bang it all up redoin the cabin ?

Quick Reply: Interior Refurb Ideas and Pic Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.