Notices
Formula

Kaama boots

Old 02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kaama boots

Originally Posted by bck
I was told that the company that made the boots for them was sold. There was some problem with the new owner and the molds, not sure what it was. You say 1 year ago they told you it was going to be 2 months for the molds? Maybe there will be a problem getting new boots after all. I knew I should have bought them when I had the chance, even though I didn't need them then.
The bad part is that I had an extra boot. A fellow Oso'er needed one quickly, and mine was a spare, so I sold it to him figuring I could order another one. So much for being a nice guy.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

I guess we better start looking for a good patch. I was also thinking of ordering a set although I don't need them at the moment you never know when something is going to happen.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Kaama boots

Hey guys,
Time to update this thread. I bought a 1986 F311 Kaama and in the process ended up talking to Dan at Archer Marine. The boot story is that when Kaama closed, Gary (original owner of Archer and former Kaama employee) purchased the mold for the boot. Gary sold Archer to Dan (his employee at Archer). The boot mold had been stored at the rubber molding plant. The rubber molding plant was sold to a new owner and this new guy apparently threw the mold into the garbage, not knowing or trying to find out what it was or who owned it. (with me so far?) Obviously this upset Dan at Archer Marine to some extent. It costs about $15,000.00 to make a mold like that. Well it takes a while and as mentioned, a lot of $ to do the mold for the boots for what is a limited market at best. For us Kaama guys the boots are critical. Well there is a very strong possibility that our prayers may be answered. I think there might be new boots available during the next year sometime but I'm sure we can expect a price increase to help pay for that mold. I hope the $ are moderate. Keep the Faith.... ALJ
BTW...We need to have some way to put together a sub-forum or something about Kaama Drives. If we search for "Kaama" we have to wade through all of the username "kaama" posts. No offense Kaama but you have a lot of threads and posts out there dude. Anybody have any Ideas? I'm thinking of an area where we can really help each other out with tech info and parts and repair vendors.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
alj
Registered

Also we should have some kind of Kaama boat registry. Something with all boat manufacturers that installed Kaamas.
Dontcha tink?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Alj that is a great Idea. My suggestion is to email OSO and ask them for a section for drives that are out of the ordinary such as Kaama, Arneson, Sage and so on.

Jon
Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I've been waiting almost 2 years for boots. Didn't bother me that much because I wasn't using the boat anyway. Now I'm getting worried, I plan on using the boat this summer and I need 2 boots.

Last edited by bck; 11-30-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by alj
Also we should have some kind of Kaama boat registry. Something with all boat manufacturers that installed Kaamas.
Dontcha tink?
I'm all for that...great idea. And thanks for the heads up on the boots.
Jim.....
Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

A KAAMA section in the owners forum would be nice. It would be nice to have some idea of how many Kaama drive boats are around.

Last edited by bck; 12-01-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Registered

alj, what 311 did you get. How about some pics
Old 12-04-2006, 06:17 PM
alj
Registered

Hey josh,
I saw somewhere that you might be looking for a Kaama boat again????? Picked up a F311 in september. Decent boat but it has a few needs and a few wants. This boat will be a better fit for our use here and a little easier to tow if we go visiting areas like over by you. Pics are too large I'll post in a few........

Quick Reply: Kaama boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.