Calling All Formula Owners!!! >

Calling All Formula Owners!!!

Notices
Formula

Calling All Formula Owners!!!

Old 02-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Calling All Formula Owners!!!

pics!!
Originally Posted by wrinkleface
03 382 w/ 575's and ITS, Flame graphic. Manning trailer being pulled w/ a 3/4 ton Burb. Generally pull only a few miles. I know I am under-trucked. 2500 HD w/ a Max in the future. Helper springs on the Burb and 3 axle disc electric /hydraulic brakes on the trailer help. As far as the boat, being this is my 4th new Formula, not the best foot forward by Thunderbird! Wrink
Old 02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Love the "Flame"!

On another note what's the deal on "not best foot forward"?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

89 311 (for sale)
Tow it with a custom lowered GMC 8.1 crew cab doolly
#3 imron graphics, not many around at all
Mods, custom stereo, all Gaffrig gauges, GPS speedo, oh yea 95 502 EFI's ...It's in its lil cocoon for now till end of march, then someone is going to get a heck of a deal on her.

Its named " No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems..."
Old 02-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For now, let's just say I had a long chat w/ Scott Porter at the Miami show the other day about considerable disappointment w/ the issues and problems w/ this boat! Wrink
Old 02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
...It's in its lil cocoon for now till end of march, then someone is going to get a heck of a deal on her...."
Just sold my Porsche. I see a bigger boat in my future. don't forget to shoot me a message when that bird hatches from it's winter shell. And a poor guy like me needs a good deal!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Just sold my Porsche. I see a bigger boat in my future. don't forget to shoot me a message when that bird hatches from it's winter shell. And a poor guy like me needs a good deal!
Congrats on moving the Porsche, I did a 997 yesterday and have 3 GT3's to do later this week(race cars), I sent the papers off today for the Tiger, so that should be settled tomorrow or the next day,having a Myco built for it, then head down to pick it up. as long as the weather is good towards the end of march first of april, I'll have it out. I'll have to spend a couple weekends unwrapping and doing the spring cleaning, and checking everything, it was all fine when wrapped, but we all know how the bilge gremlins are.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Just sold my Porsche. .... And a poor guy like me needs a good deal!
Yeah, I office in a "high rent district ", and all you guys in the Missions/shelters near my building drive Porsche's.

The 311, like your 242, are probably the most popular Formula's of all time. (The 330SS is getting close to that ranking, but not there yet.) If you grad to a 311, you'll be quite pleased with it.

Did you ever decide on a yard tractor to launch your next boat?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

I'd like to hear more about project to split the hatch cover. My cover on an 87 SR357 is heavier than I like it to be for the lifter that's used. I think the side opening would also help with some maintenance jobs.

Post some thoughts about how you are going to fabricate the thingif you can.

THANKS
Old 02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We are doing it in 3/4" treated plywood that will be covered with a pad. The back side will be covered with vinyl or that black mesh stuff. We may also put mirrors back on the inside once the engine are cleaned up and painted properly. It will need a channel piece in the center to keep the center from sagging, but overall the 3/4 is very strong. Each side will have it's own lifter and can be lifted separately. A friend of mine's 40 Fountain was done this way and it worked out great. I'm not sure if the boat will lose any weight from this mod but it does make some work and access easier. We will lose significant weight with the interior changes that are being done and the space in the cockpit gained by getting rid of the bulbous side panels is amazing.

Here are pics of the Fountain-note the rams near the front on each side. His are done with black vinyl on the backs and have cutouts for the blowers in them-still very sturdy. And his hatches are somewhat smaller so a center brace is not used. (each of the F402 hatches are 54" X 40")
Attached Thumbnails Calling All Formula Owners!!!-dsc00858.jpg   Calling All Formula Owners!!!-dsc00859.jpg   Calling All Formula Owners!!!-dsc00860.jpg  

Old 02-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have a good mix of 80's and newer formula boats Keep them coming, I will slip in a couple pic of my last formula that i sold last year, I really liked my 87 272.
Attached Thumbnails Calling All Formula Owners!!!-marcotte-formula-025.jpg   Calling All Formula Owners!!!-marcotte-formula-027.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling All Formula Owners!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.