Twins or Triples >

Twins or Triples

Notices

Twins or Triples

Old 01-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark,
You know your boats well. Bob the pizza delivery guy. Quick Deliveries! Those 525's love Gas. He said there was no comparison from his 35' to the 42'. His boat is almost a twin to mine. Just allot bigger.
Dan
Old 01-10-2002, 10:32 PM
Registered

Mark,
Were you at Thunder Run 1996 out of Hammond?
It's the only run I remember with flat water.
Dan
Old 01-10-2002, 11:30 PM
BACK 4 MORE

No i was a Chain-O-Lakes monkey back then.

Old 01-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Kohldog

Troutley,

Who was driving the 42, Gary or Leah? I've riden in it twice and both times we were racing Bryon in the twin TCM 42. The first time Gary was driving and he couldn't take the twin. Second time Leah couldn't stand Bryon beating her again so she kicked Gary out of the drivers seat at about 90 mph, trimed the boat perfectly and walked away at over 110. She is definately a woman who can drive a boat.

Old 01-12-2002, 06:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts
Back4more,

I'm interested in a staggered set-up my self, so I'm still learning as well. Anyway's you wondered if it made sence to lower your engines and then move the fuel as well.
From what I understand, your moving the one engine forward, so you can actually have your staggered set-up. By doing this it also allows you to lower your engines because of the ( V ) in your hull, which is also the purpose of moving them closer. By doing this you lower your drives as well. And because they are at the lower portion of your hull now, it gives you more lift out of the water, which is hopefully less drag, which allows for more speed. And by having the engines lower it is just one more luxury as far as center of gravity. Also from what I understand, if you had a 42' boat with triple 750's running 85 mph. Supposevely you can run a staggered with twin 800's in the same boat and run 85mph. So for 50Hp. more per side, you have one less engine, tranny, and outdrive to buy and maintain and feed the fuel to.
I hope I helped, as I said I'm still learning too and I don't mean to sound elementary just trying to help, who know's maybe I'm way off base.

Goof Luck
CougarMan

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Cougarman ]
Old 01-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Kohldog

Troutley,

I think your right that the boat is in California. Gary told me the same 300 hour total and I was amazed that those motors ran that long. Guess it's a testament to the quality engines that TCM builds.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:56 PM
MIdnightRider

I think this goes to "later". One thing about performance boaters, everybody knows everyone and everything. But you seemed to have a handle on the 42. I bought a non stepped 42 with trip-500's. They were 502mags redone by Baker with cams and such for 500hp, their fresh with brand new bravos. My group seems to think maybe 80mph, what do you think, I'm in MI with snow and nothing but time to pounder such ideas.

Old 01-21-2002, 11:33 PM
Registered

MIdnightRider,
I think you'll do better than 80. My guess would be 84-86. A 96'with triple 525's was running 93. That was with the smaller step. I believe the 502's were running around 79 in a non-stepped hull.
Dan
Old 01-21-2002, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
MIdnightRider i would think that a non step 42 with triple 502 500hp should run somewhere in the low 80's, as long as you got 500hp. the 525sc were running in the mid 80's im assuming that you havent been out yet with it. fountains like to be streched out, by that i mean they like alot of trim. both non step and step hulls. good luck and let us know what kind of speeds your getting. also what props are you running. three or four blade. bravo or hydros
Old 01-22-2002, 10:39 AM
MIdnightRider

Unfortunately I will have to spend the next couple of months sitting in it at the shop where I keep it drinking beer, listening to tunes, and finding new reasons to tell my fiance' as to why I have to go to the boat this time. All of the wives, fiance's, and girlfriends in my group told us about December, "Please stop talking about boats, thats all you guys ever do". Bench racing, they don't get it, thats half the fun for MI boaters.

Quick Reply: Twins or Triples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.