Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers >

Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers

Notices

Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers

Old 09-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers

i have the cleanest 98 29 fountain with twin 454mags only 140 hrs kept indoors husband was killed in a car accident wife has to sell it to help raise his children ill post pics friday.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered

Re: Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers

Go with the single engine...... The boat was designed for that and handles well..... With gas projected at$5/ it's the wise chioice...

If you need twins go to the 35......
Old 09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

I own a 2003 29 with the single 525efi. I love it. boat runs high 70's and I have seen 80 a few times. It handles big water great for a small boat . The single's are a bit of a dog to get on plane but thats about the only ***** I have. The boat flys nice and flat. I would say go with the single I think you would be alot happier in the end. hp500 is a better motor than the 385. plus its alot cheaper to trick out one motor if you want to whipple or procharge it.
good luck
scott

Last edited by sd11856g; 07-31-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

nixter,
That black boat looks cool. fountain should build some more like that now.
scott
Old 09-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered

Scott, thanx for the compliment. The comment I usually receive is "That Black gelcoat is beautiful, but doesn't it get hot?" Yes it does and it is a lot of buffing, polishing and waxing but I believe it's worth it. Not to many people have a Black Fountain....then again not to many people would want a black fountain.

That's a good running shot of your boat. Nice and level. The single 29's ride much nicer than the twins. That is why I'm trying to get rid of excess weight in mine. Nixter.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

bgriff,

I have an '04 Fever with twin 6.2's and live on the North Shore of Long Island so we do similar types of running. I take this rig on many long runs and it is nice to have the twins, the small blocks seem to solve the heavy stern issues as well. With completely stock engines and 28" non-labbed Bravo's I have seen 74.4...understand that this is under absoute perfect conditions...low fuel, one person, almost nothing on board (no fresh water, gear, porta-potti, etc.) and low 70's temps. The acceleration is excellent, especially in the mid-range and the fuel consumption averages around 1.7 mpg, not as good as a single but not too much worse. PM me if you want to kick around some more information. Good luck with your purchase and let us know when you make a decision!

Gary
Old 09-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gferdon
bgriff,

I have an '04 Fever with twin 6.2's and live on the North Shore of Long Island so we do similar types of running. I take this rig on many long runs and it is nice to have the twins, the small blocks seem to solve the heavy stern issues as well. With completely stock engines and 28" non-labbed Bravo's I have seen 74.4...understand that this is under absoute perfect conditions...low fuel, one person, almost nothing on board (no fresh water, gear, porta-potti, etc.) and low 70's temps. The acceleration is excellent, especially in the mid-range and the fuel consumption averages around 1.7 mpg, not as good as a single but not too much worse. PM me if you want to kick around some more information. Good luck with your purchase and let us know when you make a decision!

Gary
Gary, why not tell him your boat is for sale?

Steve
Old 09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

single
Old 09-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Registered

Single is the way to go if you want to keep the cost down and with a 525efi they run great. But if you got the money a twin 29 with blowers is tough to beat . I sold mine to a guy in the thousand islands he has put a brand new interior new xr drives and painted the boat and only out less than 50 hrs on it. and as far as I now it is for sale.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carney
Single is the way to go if you want to keep the cost down and with a 525efi they run great. But if you got the money a twin 29 with blowers is tough to beat . I sold mine to a guy in the thousand islands he has put a brand new interior new xr drives and painted the boat and only out less than 50 hrs on it. and as far as I now it is for sale.
.....wait a sec!!!!!........you have to tell us about that boat.......what year,power, speed?????

Quick Reply: Lookin at a couple of 29 fevers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.