Anyone know this 29?

Notices

Anyone know this 29?

Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this 29?

Advice and/ or comment appreciated.

I started looking at a boat purchase in August and have been researching since then. This board and many of you have been very helpful in your advice. Thank you.

I'd like to make a purchase in the next few months. I am very keen on the 29 Fountain.

The attached 2000 Fountain 29 has caught my eye several times. It has 204 hours, 74 mph according to the owner. I would appreciate any comments on this specific boat in terms of condition, price, engine, and anything else that you think might be helpful. I am hoping to see it at some point but would prefer to learn as much as possible before making the trip.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5251.html

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know this 29?

wonder why the interior was replaced.......??????

its only a 2000
Old 10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Registered

You can't go wrong with a 29' fountain w/ a 500efi. It is a great setup. I'm not real crazy about the wood package that the boat has on it. I guess it has to appeal to you. I would imagine that it would be hard to resell this boat due to the fact that it looks dated. There are alot of 29' fountains out there that look nice. I also know where you can buy a 1999 32' Fountain w/ 500hp's in great condition for 80K which seems like a better deal if you ask me.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

A buddy I know is only asking 90k (17k more) for a 2004 with Stars and Stripes graphices. Has a 525, 76 hours and runs just under 80. Bravo XR.... The boat in that add does look sweet though.....
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have 1/29 500 hp 50ish hrs victory graphics indoor stored (Mint) in the low 70s (fresh water) on a float on trailer white/yellow
www.eastcoastflightcraft.com
Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skopi55
You can't go wrong with a 29' fountain w/ a 500efi. It is a great setup. I'm not real crazy about the wood package that the boat has on it. I guess it has to appeal to you. I would imagine that it would be hard to resell this boat due to the fact that it looks dated. There are alot of 29' fountains out there that look nice. I also know where you can buy a 1999 32' Fountain w/ 500hp's in great condition for 80K which seems like a better deal if you ask me.
I am hearing this is a good set-up. I realize that the teak is different. I actually love the look myself which is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this boat. I also recognize that it is a specific look and may not by everyone's look. I think that probably needs to be in the price as a re-sale might be tough. Thanks for your thoughts. I would like to stick to a single engine which is one of the reasons I like the 29. I know twins are recommended by a lot people here, but I have decided to go with a membership at one of the towing companies instead. I am afraid of higher gas prices and twice the maintenance on twins.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...canyachtsales&

You could buy this for the same $.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

i Have to agree not too many people are going to want the teak package,if you are looking for an all white fountain here is a clean won and I think it has a 575SC http://classifieds.eboatdeals.com//c...uery=retrieval
Old 10-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered

Re: Anyone know this 29?

From all that has been written, and all of our own experience
The 29 with a single is the way to go. It's balanced, it's fast and it's economical... Our 29's with 525's run just under 80.
Safe, sane and balanced....
They love running into or away from 2-3 foot rollers, on top and flyin...

Good luck with whatever you choose.....
Old 10-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

I"ve driven both. The twins get you on plane faster yes. Acceleration is faster to a point after that too - then I give the edge to a single. It keeps it's nose plowing ahead in certain type of cross currents with less attention to trim better. But, the boat is butt heavey and the props sit out too far and pop out when the boat gets too much air. The single is nimble light and feels like a sports car by comparrison. The prop keeps biting long after the twins are slamming the rev limiter. Fountain does not offer twin big blocks anymore, just small blocks - one wonder's why. The blue motors in the singles allow you to dance and frankly is more fun to drive. The ability to pick a course from crest to crest on waves, or cut through the valleys makes me feel like I am mogul skiing on snow. It's very satisfying to slide the back of the boat down a wave and power through the next one in a quick change of course. At speed the boat is better balanced and coming down on landing it is softer. THe single is the feel that builders are shoting for when they stagger motors. Better balance makes it fly straighter and land softer. That means a better ride, better control and better manuverability. It is a different set of compromises. I think the 32 should be the starting point for the twins, the 29 is too short. Currently a 29 with twins have limiters on how far up you can trim and raise the planes so you don't get into trouble. More room to work, less exense. My 2 cents worth..

My advice? Drive both - you decide.

Last edited by nolimits; 10-22-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.