Which one? >

Which one?

Notices

Which one?

Old 02-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which one?

Beeksters, fellow fountain owners, I have a question and would appreciate some input from experienced owners or lovers of Fountains. Based upon the premiss that no question is stupid ???? Here it is.... If you where going to buy a fountain and it was going to be the only one or the last one you bought, which one would it be? Please base the opinion on at least considering resale values and resale ease, and not the ultimate dream boat but a reality purchase. Obviously people with more money can afford bigger and faster but I'm looking for a median winner here. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinion, I am not going to ask follow up, just want a snapshot of general concensus in todays market.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Which one?

42 Lightning seems to be the hot set up these days - stick with 35 or above & you can't go wrong.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion would be the new 38 w/ stock 525's or 29 w stock 525. These can be resold very easily, and both give great performance based on thier size.

WILL
Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

for me probably a 38 with 525s or custom power, normally asp 572s/650 hp would be really cool, no blowers.....around here anything bigger than a 38 you have trouble parking/ launching etc
Old 02-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

The 35 should do almost anything you need plus it's still pretty easy to trailer. Sometimes finding dock space for anything bigger is tough depending on where you are. I know the 42 is a wave crusher but the price keeps going up. Also I think it will take more horsepower and fuel to go the same speed.
The mechanics at Raymonds, "The Fountain dealer at LOTO"
say the 35 is the Chevelle of Fountains.

My 2 cents worth.

Jerry.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by bgriff
Beeksters, fellow fountain owners, I have a question and would appreciate some input from experienced owners or lovers of Fountains. Based upon the premiss that no question is stupid ???? Here it is.... If you where going to buy a fountain and it was going to be the only one or the last one you bought, which one would it be? Please base the opinion on at least considering resale values and resale ease, and not the ultimate dream boat but a reality purchase. Obviously people with more money can afford bigger and faster but I'm looking for a median winner here. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinion, I am not going to ask follow up, just want a snapshot of general concensus in todays market.
It's hard to answer that question without knowing your price range, where you plan to boat, weather you plan to tow or keep on a lift, and what your tow vehicle is.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Which one?

Originally Posted by Marginmn
It's hard to answer that question without knowing your price range, where you plan to boat, weather you plan to tow or keep on a lift, and what your tow vehicle is.
If a 35 could be as satisfying as a 42 and getting out of it after the BEEN THERE DONE THAT syndrome happens is easier, it could be the winner. More and bigger is not always smarter, but if more and bigger is smarter in the case of Fountains then that would be the way to go. Every boat is a compromise(needing a bigger truck or not etc) in some way, I would like to see if there is an obvious model that offers the least compromise and most potential pleasure (if that is even possible). Fountains seem to be a middle ground of sorts in that they have bragging rights in some areas, but even some Fountain owners seem to semi secretly or even overtly dream of owning an Outerlimits or Ciggarette.The reverse does not seem as common. That seems to be isolated to a money issue though, with the exception of extreme racing with any brand. Oh WeLL, it is sure nice to hear from people that care about the people who are interested in performance boating. This is a great site and of good value to the people who utilize it.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

"secret dream".......Outerlimits....yeah.....Cigarette.... NEVER!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Registered

Not knowing a lot about the price your wanting to pay or trailering it or not. I suggest a 35 with 500 or 525 EFI's.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered

I don't really want an outerlimits. they're nice and all but they just don't do it for me... the styling is too generic. I would like a cigarette though. I want an all-white boat, and i want to be able to tell what it is by the lines. I can't afford the fastest boat on the lake, so i want one that looks good, in an understated, classic way. That pretty much means cigarette or fountain to me, perhaps a donzi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.