First improvements on 27 fever for speed

Notices

First improvements on 27 fever for speed

Old 02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: First improvements on 27 fever for speed

27FOUNTAIN,
I do want to beef up the stereo. It has a Kenwood am/fm with CD and 4 speakers. It needs more speakers somewhere. Where do you suggest putting them? What about a sub and amp? I had the dealer put in a second battery in case I drain the battery. Is there a control that can be positioned by the drivers seat to control the radio, so you don't have to go below?

Steve
Old 02-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

My 27 fountain has all the speakers in the back, two where the lighted fountain emblems were, the two subs under the rear seat and the two 6x9's on the panel by the rear passengers feet. It sounds good in the boat but i can hardly hear it from the water. Since i spend a lot of time in the water i need to come up with something else.

just something to consider when you mount your speakers.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

getting a kickin stereo in a boat is tough, because the boat has no roof outside and the sound is not trapped so you need alot of power. one very important thing to remember is to keep all amps off the floor. mount them on the side wall so they don't get wet when you get caught in the rain. the biggest things to remember is water is everywhere and will ruin your whole setup and hours of labor, also the boat is "catching air" and things like to rattle lose so make sure everything is solid and all connections are soldered and sealed (no black tape). good luck.

p.s. if you mount the subs under the back seat don't forget to box in the backs of the sub>>>the seat does not qualify as box!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered

My 6x9s don't have a box, ... but my subs are in boxes under the back seat. I want to move them somewhere else because they eat up usable storage space and the boxes get wet when i wash the boat (time for new boxes).

Under the seat is not a recommended location for any stereo equipment, IMO. Too wet, way too low a sound stage, and firing forward so no good if you're hanging out on the island or in the water behind the boat.

If you could come up with a nice box that tucked under the windshield (my boat has the old black windshield/fairing) and fired toward the back of the boat i think that would work out well. Tough to get something there that doesn't look like crap though.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

its tough>> i put the subs under the seat on my last boat and they worked pretty good. i had 2 1000watt pioneer premier with a 2100watt Rockford Fosgate amp that hit pretty hard. also had 4 4way pioneer premier 6 inch for the highs and mids.....having the subs under the seat is a pain, but if you want super bass thats the only way! as long as there far enough the floor its not bad and bolt them on like fort knocks I'm in the process of doing it on my 1990 27 fever.......lots of trying to bend yourself in positions that don't feel great and trying to gets drills where they don't belong

heres a pick of my old boat that i did myself
Attached Thumbnails First improvements on 27 fever for speed-marada-oso.jpg  

Last edited by snielsen; 02-13-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ive heard of guys removing the mirror and putting a single BIG sub way up front in the beak where our non existant anchor locker would be........my stereo guy said he could fab up a custom box and put it low on the side of the boat behind the port bolster........On mine I could also put one in the kick plate in the vertical section below the glovebox in front of the passenger.....PMT
Old 02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

thats not a bad idea>>>>the only thing you would have to do is maybe figure out a way to adjust the volume in the cabin separate from the cockpit area.....i guess you could run a output switch from the amp that is powering the cabin sub to adjust the output...that would be important, because you would want it loud outside and the in-closed area in the cabin would be crazy in comparison.....but if you did both that would be the best situation.....post some pics if you do it...i would like to see how your guy does it(cabin or cockpit. if you put a 12 in the cabin it would pound like crazy!

p.s. heres a pic of the switch on my old boat (real lowkey)
Attached Thumbnails First improvements on 27 fever for speed-marada-oso2.jpg  

Last edited by snielsen; 02-13-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by snielsen
thats not a bad idea>>>>.....post some pics if you do it...i would like to see how your guy does it
It will be awhile.......Ive got a garage/shop to build and new motors to put in........doug

My plan is to pull the dinette and put a facing seat in to match the other side (its a 29) so I'd probably go the port kick plate route......
Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Registered

Have you ran the boat yet? My 01 has the same set up and I have not been able to break 70 yet. I would say 71+ is set up pretty good.

Brett
Old 02-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes may be able to help some of you on the stereo.

My current set ups is as follows.

Sony in dash CD, w/ Changer w/ Ipod connector
Sony Wired remote mounted on my dash (this is cool)
4 Kicker 6 1/2 speakers in cockpit
2 MB quart Tweeters in cockpit
2 RCA all weather out door speakers (These actually sound really good)
2 Kenwood speakers in cabin (from fountain)
1 Pioneer 12" sub in sealed box located under passanger bolster.
1 Rockford Punch 200 amp
1 Rockford Punch 40 amp

I will try to post some pics of all this real soon.

WILL

Quick Reply: First improvements on 27 fever for speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.