Indianapolis Fountain owners

Notices

Indianapolis Fountain owners

Old 02-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Indianapolis Fountain owners

Anyone use LakeView Marine out of Noblesville? They have been carrying the Fountain line a couple yrs now. Meet the owner at the Indy boat show. Seemed very nice. Can't beat a dealer only 1 hr away.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: Indianapolis Fountain owners

Nice people, but I'm pretty sure that me and a friend have owned more Fountains than their dealership has sold. Last spring they sold guy at my marina a brand new 35 Ex. Instead of advising him to buy one with 525's, for some gwad unknown reason (unexperience) they talked him into buying one with 496's and then spending another 20K+ procharging them.

He'd take it out - blow an engine. Take it back to the dealership - spend a month fixing it - take it out again - blow another engine. He blew three engines last summer before these guys figured out that 496's weren't supposed to be supercharged.

Nice guys but I'll stick with the dealers who know them inside and out.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Anyone use LakeView Marine out of Noblesville? They have been carrying the Fountain line a couple yrs now. Meet the owner at the Indy boat show. Seemed very nice. Can't beat a dealer only 1 hr away.

sure you can one thats 5 min away
Old 02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Nice people, but I'm pretty sure that me and a friend have owned more Fountains than their dealership has sold. Last spring they sold guy at my marina a brand new 35 Ex. Instead of advising him to buy one with 525's, for some gwad unknown reason (unexperience) they talked him into buying one with 496's and then spending another 20K+ procharging them.

He'd take it out - blow an engine. Take it back to the dealership - spend a month fixing it - take it out again - blow another engine. He blew three engines last summer before these guys figured out that 496's weren't supposed to be supercharged.

Nice guys but I'll stick with the dealers who know them inside and out.
Funny you mention this. He commented on a 496 they procharged that didn't work out all to well when I asked about their high performance motor servicing. Must have been that very boat. He said they stick with the basic stock motor work and let Shumaker handle the serious stuff. Who did the actual work on that motor?

Who in Indy has the the triple 575 SC's they are repowering?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-25-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GOODT
sure you can one thats 5 min away
So true. But if that was the case, they would have a restraining order against me to keep me away.

My closest was 3 hrs away, but they no longer carry Fountains. I'm giddy up with just 1 hr.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Funny you mention this. He commented on a 496 they procharged that didn't work out all to well when I asked about their high performance motor servicing. Must have been that very boat. He said they stick with the basic stock motor work and let Shumaker handle the serious stuff. Who did the actual work on that motor?

Who in Indy has the the triple 575 SC's they are repowering?

I was told they did the procharger installs. After the fact they learned that the pistons in the 496's for that model year weren't built to withstand supercharging. I wonder if they offered a refund?

As far as the triple 575's, there's a gentleman down here at Grider who has been a longtime customer of Bill Schumaker's. Bill has the guy's 38 Lightning running 110+ (that is awesome), but he wanted a smoother ride on Cumberland so he bought a 47 with triples off of LCM and is putting his 38 on another lake. Schumaker is putting some very big power in his 47, so that could be the boat they are talking about. Other than that I have no idea.

There's a learning curve with this stuff and they have only been a Fountain dealer for a few years. I'll sure they will be up to snuff before long. Just not on my Dollar

From what I have heard Schumacker is the guy to go to for supercharging. He does top notch work.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Shogren