Fountains are "lake boats" >

Fountains are "lake boats"

Notices

Fountains are "lake boats"

Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John.Vaught
..........and untill I see some sort of fix for his boats lack of freeboard I don't see myself owning one.

In my opinion, the shallow freeboard is why I like the boat.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Is that what makes em a lake boat..............
Old 03-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing I live by a few lakes...
Old 03-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea,
Great lake Boats, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and Lake Superior, and some small lake they call ST,CLAIR. Oh let's not forget about he Detroit River.

Bring it ON!!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:34 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

We tested our lake boat on the 2nd of february in Hollywood Fl. in 5' to 7' sea's the boat was a 42' Fountain race. The boat ran 94mph with on problems. The boat is now in for new power moving up too a pair of 750's.
Attached Thumbnails Fountains are "lake boats"-img_0002.jpg  
Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

I think you are reading to much hate into my post, I like the way fountains look and I love the speed. I am also in the market looking for a boat and I have been for a few years.

What that means is that I have been comparison shopping all this time, when we make a boat purchase it needs to be the right one. I like everyone else want the best of both worlds. (practicality and speed)

My needs are as unique as any other boater.

Oh and yes I am a big guy and so are all the men in my family (6'2" 260 pounds) I need a little more hip and head room in the cabin than some other people.

On the day that we were looking at the demo it was rough and the rear vents on the transom some how were taking on water while we were on the swim platform.

I was very serious at that point about buying the boat due to the finance incetives that were available and that water problem was my only concern.

I was told by the salesman to call the factory, I did so and got the run around for a while and eventually to my surprise spoke to Mr. Reggie.

He told me that the water intrusion would never amount to a problem, I believed him.

I then read on this sight where a gentlemans boat sank after sitting and watching an offshore race due to the boat taking on water through the rear vents.

I am planning on letting the boat sit with my family aboard while my father and I fish from his boat.

The last thing I want to worry about is a bilge pump not coming on and my wife, mother, daughter and sister in law getting wet against their will.

I know if you own a boat and someone says anything negative against it and you first instinct is to go on the offensive thats only natural.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

I just made a statement about our boat you are fine with me. If you make a race that we are at stop and have a beer with us.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

I am going to be in florida around May 7th in Port Canaveral.

Before I go to the Middle East If I can shake loose from work for long enough I will buy you a beer.

Thanks for the invite.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fountains are not so user friendly for someone of your size. Nice boats, but they limit their customers do the the smaller size in both the cabin and cockpit compared to what you now have.
The story I heard of the sinking boat was they were anchored from the back. If any current is there, I can see that happening. In rough water, I used to get water up the vents, but there is a tube that is connected to the vents that goes upwards, so it takes a really good rush of water to make it to the top of that tube and into the bilge. My personnal experiencce is that the water just runs up a little, then back out. I never had that problem myself. The new Fountains have a grill screwed over that vent hole to break the flow and stop the water going up that tube. I assume it works.

Good luck on your search.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered

Thanks.

I never heard that part of the story, that post stopped me from purchasing a boat.

Luckily that was a blessing in disguise because we have had a few unexpected set backs this year hopefully things will pick back up.

Quick Reply: Fountains are "lake boats"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.