Removing seat bottoms. >

Removing seat bottoms.

Notices

Removing seat bottoms.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing seat bottoms.

I had a hard time seeing how to remove the bottoms of the bolsters. Bottoms, I mean the part of the seat that moves up and down electrically. I nead to reapholster the bottoms because they are cracking. Thanks in advance
Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Default Re: Removing seat bottoms.

If they're the same as mine, they're held on by two allen head bolts going into weldnuts on the frame. I don't think they're meant to be removed with the seat assembled.

However you should be able to take the upolstery off the frame for the bottom part much easier than removing the whole seat bottom. Get under there and remove the 4 screws holding the bottom piece on, then you'll see holes in the frame with bolts coming through. remove those and the upolstery should come off.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
If they're the same as mine, they're held on by two allen head bolts going into weldnuts on the frame. I don't think they're meant to be removed with the seat assembled.

However you should be able to take the upolstery off the frame for the bottom part much easier than removing the whole seat bottom. Get under there and remove the 4 screws holding the bottom piece on, then you'll see holes in the frame with bolts coming through. remove those and the upolstery should come off.
Sleeper dave thanks for the help i thought that was all it took but i wasnt for sure.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My bolts into the weld nuts were were also welded in. They broke off and I had to drill them out. Fourtunatly, I was able to re tap the same threads in the weld nuts.

F
Old 04-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine were tac welded to the nuts also. Had to drill them out. When I beefed up the frames this winter, I made new hinges that were 3/8" thick to support the body of a longer shoulder bolt. The 1/8" flat peice Fountain used bends to easily, plus all the force is on the threads. I can lift my boat up now by the seat frames and they won't so much as flex.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

I hammered mine back into shape and went nuts with a welder. I added weld to gusset those tabs that the seat mounts to. Weld, grind, weld, grind, weld, grind until it looks like overkill. Then add a little more weld.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnnyMarshall
I had a hard time seeing how to remove the bottoms of the bolsters. Bottoms, I mean the part of the seat that moves up and down electrically. I nead to reapholster the bottoms because they are cracking. Thanks in advance
I just did this on mine and I found that with the bolster in the down position on the back side if you take out the four screws that hold the plastic trim peice on you will find the four bolts that hold on the bolster. Take the four bolts out and the lower part on the seat will come right off the frame. It will take about 5 mins. start to finnish.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a hard day of running mine just seemed to come apart by themselves...those staples can be painfull.
Attached Thumbnails Removing seat bottoms.-bolsters1.jpg   Removing seat bottoms.-bolsters2.jpg   Removing seat bottoms.-bolsters3.jpg