My project is finally done >

My project is finally done

Notices

My project is finally done

Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My project is finally done

Looks great DeltaRat!!! I have the same teal in my boat and its the only thing I dislike. I have heard people using dye, but am alittle sceptical.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: My project is finally done

Sweet!! Tell us more! Who did the recovering, etc. I know you worked your azz off and it looks GREAT!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Registered

That looks great. The color choice was perfect. Who did the upholstery work?
Dan
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Looks great!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Looks great DeltaRat!!! I have the same teal in my boat and its the only thing I dislike. I have heard people using dye, but am alittle sceptical.
Thanks; I have heard the same thing, but I didn't want to do something that I was never really going to be happy with in the long run. Plus I haven't seen one done with dye yet, so I was really unsure of thne outcome.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

looks great
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnywhip
Sweet!! Tell us more! Who did the recovering, etc. I know you worked your azz off and it looks GREAT!!!
I had all of the recovering done at a local shop in Oakley Ca. Tony was the guys name and his shop is Brentwood Auto Upholstery. I towed the boat over to him and told him what I wanted; he was very receptive to my ideas so I scheduled a date and took the boat home to disassemble it. It took me 3 nights to remove the entire interior, a lot bigger project than I thought it was going to be. It took me another whole night just to take the seats apart. I was originally told that the work at the shop would take one week to complete. When I dropped it off Tony told me that his schedule had slipped and it would be two weeks before it would be complete. My first thought was here comes the run around. When I got home I decided that while the boat was apart I would put a new stereo in it. As usual I procrastinated on putting it for a week while I spent time tinkering on some stuff that I didn’t like and cleaning the boat. While Tony’s schedule had slipped he did call me to say all of the seats were done and ready to pick up and the hatch would be done next week. So now I panicked, went to Best Buy and dropped some coin on 3 sets on Infinity 6/12 speakers, 2-10in. Kickers subs and some new amps. The race was now on. Over the next couple of days I installed my amps and rewired the whole boat for the new stereo and got it finished on Monday. Then I got the call that my hatch was done so I picked it up. I was very impressed by the craftsmanship and quality of the work to say the least. Tony had far suppressed my expatiations to say the least. He said that he felt bad about having to tell me that it was going to take 2 weeks so he wanted to make sure I got my stuff as quick as possible, all total I think it took him about 12 days. He redid the hatch twice because he didn’t like the way that it came out the first time, and he did an excellent job at raising my head rests for me. It’s hard to tell in these picks but one of the things I had done was to have the front of the headrests raised two inches and then feathered back to keep the stock look in the rear. The pics do no justice at all to how good this project turned out, but I did want to share some pics of my boat with all of you. Thanks for all of your inputs, they really make this project worth while.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered

Looks Awesome Nice Color Combo!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great... real nice update!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks Awesome!

Quick Reply: My project is finally done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.