Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers??? >

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Notices

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Old 05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Originally Posted by MZEZ
Hey there Downtown, EZTERMS and I were in Milwaukee this weekend, hoped we see ya....no such luck. Hope all is well. We are dropping our engines in this weekend in Houston.

KP
Bummer, we were there Mon and Tuesday last week before Memorial weekend.

Memorial Weekend when you were down there we were up at Winnebago.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
The big horsepower is going to hurt resale. Most buyers are worried how much engine is left inside. Compare to a new 35 Ex with 525's, how much can you buy one for?
Agreed!!!! When I was looking for my 35 there were lots out there with "done up" motors. Owners of them feel that is a big plus and adds value. For myself, and most buyers for that matter, it is one giant liability. We all have our engine guys that we trust, but seldom is the sellers guy the buyers guy. I trust my guy, but do not necessarily trust your guy, or his choice of parts. Plus if you have had them "done up" it ain't cause you wanted them to idle better in the no wake zones. My first go to item on every boat I looked at were the little Merc Racing seals. Not there, walk away!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what i love about my warrantied blue motors in my boat,, thats one reason i bought it,,
now that i am selling i would think that is a huge poitive,
Old 05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
thats what i love about my warrantied blue motors in my boat,, thats one reason i bought it,,
now that i am selling i would think that is a huge poitive,
If they are stock "Blue" 575's why do you refer to them as "done up" and Whippled. Stock Merc 575 SCI's are not Whippled. Merc Racing used a Weiand 256. If they are stock then maybe you would have more favorable response if you stated that. Just my $.02, for what that's worth. I know that I am not sure exactly what you are offering here.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Ragged Edge I want stock blue merc motors, easier on resale. I'm in the market for a 35 lightning but not with bulit motors. Nice looking boats though
Old 06-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
If they are stock "Blue" 575's why do you refer to them as "done up" and Whippled. Stock Merc 575 SCI's are not Whippled. Merc Racing used a Weiand 256. If they are stock then maybe you would have more favorable response if you stated that. Just my $.02, for what that's worth. I know that I am not sure exactly what you are offering here.
if you read the ad it says 575's whipple innercooled! Not whipple charged,,,,,,,
done up is right,,
dialed in 575's with whipple innercoolers and arizona speed and marine peices to make them work awsome, turn key 700 hp
not barnyard who knows what,,
man its amazing how people read into and dont read.,,
that is not a home built / made POS, its a merc done up dialed in peice! i would not buy a boat either with some who knows what power....
no offense but,
i dont think that is the case why boats arent selling.
i think it has to do with the feds raising rates people with money are thinking and not blowing, and not to sure about what is the future with the economy in the short term due to the feds Bernake in this case (was greenspan) as they are hell bent on halting a thriving economy as they believe the inflation is at risk still. the folks that can really afford boats like this and write a check are sitting on the money and investing in diff places, smart!!, also the stock market is not helping,, gas is not helping,, but in the real world,, the tire kickers calling about my boat,, they cant afford it!! and they dont have the sense to know they cant!! , they just dont get approved by the lenders, doh..
thats my o2
your thoughts???

by the way see ad:>>>
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10415.html

Description:
106 mph 2002 35 Fountain.

California delta fresh water boat,

turn key, fast, stable, and fun..

*warranty

*USCG documented,

*stereo and amps etc were just put in. I spent 3500- in stereo upgrades

*Blower shop reconditioned blowers and a ton of other service work.

*Put 8 hrs since full serviced in 2005.

mercury 575's

whipple innercooled

az speed marine upgraded,

bigger injectors,

diff thermostats,

re mapped computers,

698 hp ea

multiple pulley and belt combinations available

Sea strainers

+ much much more..... = 698 hp ea

Very fast!!!

xr drives sportmaster lowers with 1 in spacer.

blueprinted rockered bottom by fountain

dyno sheets, (when boat went to fountain for bottom blueprint work, motors went to J Griffin and dialed in and dynoed)

huge stereo custom

blue neon lighting in eng compartment

mirrored engine compartment

all standard upgrades and features pumpout head
built in sink and
refrigerator
depth,
high speed digital compass,
etc etc

south Florida alum 3 axle trailer

current props 5 blade hydro's runs 96 ish depending on load conditions,

warranty bumper to bumper

Boat runs 106 mph with some 5 blade herrings!!!

A lot of billet bling bling

Chrome throttles

Bezels

Embroidered seatbacks

Pumpout head (we never used)

Refrigerator

bimini and the full factory canvas cockpit enclosure (never been put up),

seller looking for smaller boat, prefer single or even outboards for mexico, and lake tahoe. light easy to tow.

OPEN TO TRDES

ALL TRDES WILL BE CONSIDERED.

8 hrs on boat since bow to stern complete service incl things like blowers redone by blower shop, as per teague custom marine recommendations everything recomended was completed, i have put a total of approx 35 hrs on boat since i purchased, total hrs should be under 195

READY TO GO JUST CLEAN IT DE WINTERIZE AND PUT IN THE WATER!

IF IT DOESNT SELL NOW I WILL KEEP AND TAKE TO LAKE TAHOE AND GET DIFFERENT PROPS,,, I AM GIVING IT AWAY,, BOAT SHOULD SELL FOR 165+ AND I AM WILLING TO GO FAR BELOW THAT, BUT HAS TO BE SOON,, I DONT HAVE TIME TO OR WANT TO DEAL WITH TIRE KICKERS. ; ) THIS IS A SCREAMING DEAL!!!

OR GO BUY A POS AND PUT A TON OF MONEY AND FRUSTRATION INTO IT,, BEEN THERE DONE THAT WITH MY PREVIOUS BOAT,,
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interest rates and boat insurance and gas prices are hurting people in this price range. Big boats are doing very well, mid range performance boats are getting kicked in the head. The 35' fountain ts market is soft with big motors or stock motors. I think it is becuase of the Ex. 35' better looking boat for a lot less money....?????
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cool Re: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Originally Posted by bjablonski
I agree with Ragged Edge I want stock blue merc motors, easier on resale. I'm in the market for a 35 lightning but not with bulit motors. Nice looking boats though
I also have a nice 35' Fountain Lightning TS with 500EFI's if you are still looking.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

You're gonna' miss that boat Jonas!!!! Some good memories there.
Attached Thumbnails sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???-scope-2004-jonas-1.jpg  
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys I'm sure your boats are super nice but the engines are hurting you all. Jonas yours would be simple to fix...just take the intercoolrs off and advertise it a factory stock. Big aftermarket power hurts resale because people do not know the shape of the engine inside.
Other than that insurance is killing the performance boat market and $3.50 + a gallon is not helping either. The performance boat market is not soft it is dead.

Quick Reply: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.