Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers??? >

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Notices

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Whats with the merc blue , You would think it's unbreakable. Do you guy's think we take our motor to just anybody? Just had my motors rebuilt . They now have better pistons, valves,springs, ,rods,gaskets,ect .Run start and idle perfect.The boat sounds great and will run a 103 mph.Merc blue you say.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Merc Blue is not the end all. I did not say that is the way I think but it is a fact that is the way the general public will think and dealers for sure think that way. If the engine is built by a big name such as Sterling, Zul, Innovation and so forth you might get the same resale as Merc but if it is built by some guy nobody has heard of then it will hurt resale immensely.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

What you say is true. But it hurts to know what I have under my hatch and that it would scare of the average buyer. I guess I'll have to sell to someone that nows the boat or the builder.But for now I'll run the boat.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Guys I'm sure your boats are super nice but the engines are hurting you all. Jonas yours would be simple to fix...just take the intercoolrs off and advertise it a factory stock. Big aftermarket power hurts resale because people do not know the shape of the engine inside.
Other than that insurance is killing the performance boat market and $3.50 + a gallon is not helping either. The performance boat market is not soft it is dead.
Not to mention, noise laws,length laws,water cops
on every corner,tree huggers,wall st journel articles,
and the bad boy image we are given.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

but then Reggie has his best year in Miami ever..$17 million in boat sales.
Perhaps, as an alternative thought, lenders are making it more attractive to buy new. Just about 95% of the time you can get a better interest rate on a new boat than a used boat. Remember, it's not always bad to finance even if you have the flow because you can write the interest off. You also have to remember, there are a $hit load of boats for sale now. Just as the factors you all mentioned above act as a deterrent, they also act as a motivator for a seller. One thing that was mentioned before that I think hurt the 35 market was Reggie's brainstorm with the 35 Exacutioner. I've seen Leftover deals for $140K w/trailer. Slap in the face for anybody that paid $225-240K for their new 35 lightning. Lets face it, why would Joey Jerk Off spend 230K for the 35 ft. boat when he can buy one that runs pretty good for almost 100K less? Most, not all, boat buyers would prefer NEW over 10 mph faster. Just my .02

Currently there are more Fountains For Sale in the classifeds than any other Boat manufactor. That should be a clue....

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 06-01-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all true statements,,
i can say i would hate to be making my living selling them..
fortunalty i only have one..
i just thought it would be easy to trade down as it seems everyone i talk to wants to go faster get bigger etc.
but money talks and bs walks,.\
i only getting bs
somthing will shake out..
if someone actually was serious and looked at my boat i know they would buy, at least i think so,,,
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
but then Reggie has his best year in Miami ever..$17 million in boat sales.
Yes, but how many were center console fishing boats (like mine)? Most of the sales were from this catagory.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Yes, but how many were center console fishing boats (like mine)? Most of the sales were from this catagory.
that I do not know. I do know however, that with 17 million in boat sales in a four day period (thats only ONE manufactor)consumers really aren't being gun shy about dropping big $$$. Economy or no economy. It would be interesting to see how many boat sales (all brands) were generated at the boat show.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

This year was an unusual year with the Katrina or other storm related insurance monies. With the extra cash influx from buyers possibly they have all ready bought and narrowed the margin down of actual buyers. Jeff
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they said that a large boost of sales was from their sport cruiser market ..

Quick Reply: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.