Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers??? >

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Notices

sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Epeek, you got the right boat for the right money. I was at the Ft Lauderdale show in 2004 and was comparing the 35 EX and the 32 Dominator MCOB. I must have walked between booths 20 times that day. Reggie was there and I got to meet him. I bought the Sunsation since I liked the mid-cabin design since I have two small kids and more usable space = happy boating for me!

Everytime I see a 35 EX I check it out. Like the boat, Love the price. This pic taken at KW Poker Run last year makes me laugh. I rafted up to a 35 EX with my 32 MCOB and from the sky they appear the same size! Lower right corner:

http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-076.cfm
Old 06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
Don't take me the wrong way. I to own a Fountain and I'm a Fan of Reggies Boats. My opinion as to why Jonas and MANY others are having a hard time selling their boats is becouse of the deeply discounted 35 Ex. Like you said "It's a win, win for Reggie!!!" and Reggie is the only one winning with that deal. It's the poor bastards that bought a 35 lightning the year before that are takin' in the a$$. Maybe I should ask, what would you do for the same price, buy a NEW 06-07 Exacutioner or a 5-6 year old Lightning (that goes 10 mph faster). In my opinion like epeek said it's really a no brainer.
Cheverolet did the same thing with the "employee discount promo". I bought my wife a 05 Trailblazer LT in Nov. of 04 for 34K and change. I believe it was about 8 mos. later that Chevy unleashed the Employ Discount promo. The identical Truck was selling for 26K!! WTF??? Yeah, I lost almost 10k IN EIGHT MOS.!!!! Who made out on that deal....yeah Chevy.

You also have to remember when this whole 35 executioner thing went down Reggie was in the midst of some serious $$$$ problems - thus the newly added Mercury on the end of Fountain. Maybe this could have played a part in his decision to release a 35 100K cheaper than the year before.
As I've been told, the dealer that I purchased my boat was at one time the largest Fountain dealer in the U.S. . He told Reggie to go F#ck himself over dinner when Reggie explained that he couldn't pony up any of the "bonus promo $$$" that he owed to the dealer(you know for selling so many boats). This was a rather large chunk of $$$. A rather large chunk that the dealer was planning on using as a down payment on the new floor plan he just ordered. Obviously this put a wrinkle in the finance dept. at the dealership and they told Reggie to go F!ck his new line up. If I'm not mistaken this happened in 00' but I'm not positive. I guess my point with all of this is to remember Reggie is a business man who has to do what it takes to stay alive even if that means stick it in Loyal 35 Fountain Fan Jonas's A$$ when he's tryin' to sell his boat. Just my take.
Wait a Minute! Are you guys saying that buying one of these Performance Boats isn't a money making deal? That I am not going to be able to sell it for more than I have in it? Im Shocked I tell you, Shocked!! My wife is going to have a Cow if she ever finds out!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Wait a Minute! Are you guys saying that buying one of these Performance Boats isn't a money making deal? That I am not going to be able to sell it for more than I have in it? Im Shocked I tell you, Shocked!! My wife is going to have a Cow if she ever finds out!!!
Theres a smart A$$ in every bunch... Make sure your wife doesn't tell mine
Old 06-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Epeek, you got the right boat for the right money. I was at the Ft Lauderdale show in 2004 and was comparing the 35 EX and the 32 Dominator MCOB. I must have walked between booths 20 times that day. Reggie was there and I got to meet him. I bought the Sunsation since I liked the mid-cabin design since I have two small kids and more usable space = happy boating for me!

Everytime I see a 35 EX I check it out. Like the boat, Love the price. This pic taken at KW Poker Run last year makes me laugh. I rafted up to a 35 EX with my 32 MCOB and from the sky they appear the same size! Lower right corner:

http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-076.cfm
That is true,The 35 Fountain is a small boat,no bigger than
a 33 baja,powerplay or others. I know,I've rafted up to them.
Another reason you cant justify 225K for a new 35 Lightning.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
True!!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

[QUOTE=Marginmn]Wait a Minute! Are you guys saying that buying one of these Performance Boats isn't a money making deal?

In that you're a financial kinda guy Robert I'm supprised that you missed the new bill introduced in the Congress for our benefit.

The " Disturbed Utterly Mindless Boating Taxpayer Relief Bill Of 2006 ". The D.U.M.B. Taxpayer Bill (as it ts refered to) provides relief to those within the boating community suffering from a lack of mental clarity as it effects their boating endevours. This bill was proposed in a attempt to promote continued growth within the boating industry by represenatives from the states of Michigan, Florida and several others where the industry plays a significant role in their local economy. My understanding is that it will work as follows:

1) Establish base value of vessel, your paid amount, to include all fees, taxes etc. This is your "calculated base".

2) Document the assumed dollar value of all proposed improvements. Multiply that value by 2. Add that amount to the above "calculated base".

3) Document the dollar value of all funds you expect to spend locally while persuing your boating endevours. Multiply that number by 2. If you were born before 1960 you may multiply that number by 4.(this is the dumb old boater additional benefit clause, established for the benefit of those old enough to know better but obviously not smart enough to) Add that amount to the above "calculated base".

4) You must now calculate your "recapture value". It is done as follows: Using the above base value, including all proposed improvements, and documented expenditures, calculate the "inflated current value", in your mind of course, of the vessel, note that actual market value need not influence this value. Once calculated that number should be divided by 4, unless you were born before 1960, if so you must divide by 2.(the dumb old boater penalty was inserted because there is no good excuse for not knowing better). The resulting number is your "Expected recaputure amount of inflated current value".

5) Subtract the "Expected recapture amount of inflated current value" from the above calculated "inflated current value". The resulting number is your deduction under the D.U.M.B.Taxpayer Relief Bill Of 2006.

6) Enter your deduction on the appropriate line of your 2006 Tax Return when filing. Note: you must attach a picture of yourself in the vessel to your return. If you can put on a sincere smile for the photo you may qualify for the D.U.M.B. Taxpayer of the Year Bonus Deduction. The IRS will notify you of your status within 90 days of your filing.

When asked for comment on the pending bill, President Bush stated his support. Stating he felt many boaters, his father included, would benefit from this well crafted legislation. The President did however comment that the "dumb old boater" penalty clause appeared to be somewhat harsh, in that boaters, his family included, are not gnerally very smart people to start with. The president also stated they were planning a family photo aboard Fidelity, his fathers Fountain "Center Council" fishing boat in hopes of qualifying for the D.U.M.B Bonus Deduction. After all, he stated, just cause you got money to go boating does not mean you are very smart about how you spend it, He!! I've been thinking about a big boat for down at the ranch for Laura and I. Plenty of space to store it in the barn.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-04-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my case i basically came from an excecutionar,
the old boat i had,, i wanted to go faster and have blue warrantied power,,
to go 100+ in my old boat it would have been unreliable and stupid to throw more good money into something where value is already bottomed out.
+ after driving a TS there is really no comparison, the efeciancy of the newer bottom is just amazing,

just my o2
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered

Why are you guys busting Jonas's balls so bad? Jonas has a great boat that he is trying to sell so that he can move out of the Country, he has gone out of his way to get everyone’s attention about this boat ,and gone out of his way to try and give someone on this board the first shot at a reasonable price for his nice boat. He’s not trying to dump a piece of junk on a fellow member, and he is not trying to soften the market on the rest of us. His back is against the wall and he is about to take it in the shorts, and all he has tried to do is do it with style and offer it up here first. Jonas if I could afford your boat I would have put it my garage already. Someone is going to get one hell of a boat at a very reasonable price, we should all have been that lucky when we bought our boats. Let’s show Jonas some support here, I am sure that this is not easy for him.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Registered

Deltarat, I think we can all see the value in this boat but we have been asked "why is this not selling" and "why are there no buyers". I would love to have this boat but I also am not willing to spend the money at the moment. I have an interest rate at 4.5% and am happy with my current 38. The boat could be offered at $120,000 and I still would not bite. Maybe the price needs to be increased and placed for sale with a reputable broker that deals with a lot of Fountains. That way it could be offered against a less expensive and less equipped similar model so a good salesman can up sale to this one. It is a lot of boat for the money and to the average shopper the added features may only be seen with a direct comparison. Brokers can also arrange financing and insurance which will also facilitate an easier transaction for all.

Just some suggestions. Just my thoughts, which were asked for.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
Deltarat, I think we can all see the value in this boat but we have been asked "why is this not selling" and "why are there no buyers". I would love to have this boat but I also am not willing to spend the money at the moment. I have an interest rate at 4.5% and am happy with my current 38. The boat could be offered at $120,000 and I still would not bite. Maybe the price needs to be increased and placed for sale with a reputable broker that deals with a lot of Fountains. That way it could be offered against a less expensive and less equipped similar model so a good salesman can up sale to this one. It is a lot of boat for the money and to the average shopper the added features may only be seen with a direct comparison. Brokers can also arrange financing and insurance which will also facilitate an easier transaction for all.

Just some suggestions. Just my thoughts, which were asked for.
I can appreciate what you are saying. I guess when the talk started about softening the market for fellow boaters that might be trying to sell their boats it just hit me wrong at the moment. I am sure the Jonas has already talked with our local dealer Rod at Honker Cut, and I am sure that he has listened to what Rod as told him about pricing the boat and how it will affect the sale. At any rate I didn’t mean to come off as an ass, it just rubbed me wrong for some reason.

Quick Reply: sweet 35 fountain for sale,, no buyers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.