water in bilge why? >

water in bilge why?

Notices

water in bilge why?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in bilge why?

2004 35ex water still in bilge even after replacing all four diverter hoses.do all 35 exs have water?i wetdry all the water and after an hour or so the bilge pump goes on.so i know its when im running.i did block off the bilge outlets to see if the water was entering tru them nope.then i covered all the vents nope.still water.anyone
Old 07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: water in bilge why?

was a tech for local dealer for the last 6 yrs and the answer is no there should not be water in the bildge unless raining
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My 1990 29 Fever does the same thing. I have tracked it down to where the exhaust tubes connect to the transom. I have not gotten back there to fix it yet but when it is running you can see water coming down the transom from the exhaust tubes.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Registered

Me 2... At higher rpm's I peeked under the hatch and I saw water leaking from the transom exhaust. Not alot but enough to make me
Old 07-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29goingon42
Me 2... At higher rpm's I peeked under the hatch and I saw water leaking from the transom exhaust. Not alot but enough to make me
Lookout.....don't wanna pizz off the "Dirty Sanchez"
Old 07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Do you have closed cooling? If not, check the weep holes on the lower side of the engine circulating pump ( the automotive style pump).
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I had a 29' and guess where I found it coming from......... F'n WASHING IT !!!

Apparently Fountain does not seal the rubrail/joint screw holes or the bowrails. All the water from washing it down goes in there and sits til you take it out or move it, then flows to the back. Same when it rains.....
Old 07-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I had a 29' and guess where I found it coming from......... F'n WASHING IT !!!

Apparently Fountain does not seal the rubrail/joint screw holes or the bowrails. All the water from washing it down goes in there and sits til you take it out or move it, then flows to the back. Same when it rains.....

they sould be sealed, we did have some that where leaking around the windshield........

oh a couple that leaked at the bow cleat

keep in mind that these boats are all hand built one by one and there main concern is SPEED these are not formulas, sonics ect where they build them all at porduction line type speeds, any where that hand build cars, boats ect there are gliches and thats where buying from a first class dealer makes a differance.....

when I used to work for the dealer I used to tell the customers up front to run the boat for a couple of weeks and make me a hit list of what needed to be addressed and then we would go over any problems they had I would tell them that there will be some things and all understood
Old 07-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

This may sound simple, but if you have sea strainers check to be sure that the tops are nice and tight and that the seals are in good shape. If the tops are not tight or if the seals are worn, water can come through between the top and the base while you are running due to the water pressure.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it has 496s check the bypass check valves on the bottom of the manafolds where the blow offs are for winterizing the motors they can leak also

Quick Reply: water in bilge why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.