Race Fairing 1990 38 fever >

Race Fairing 1990 38 fever

Notices

Race Fairing 1990 38 fever

Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Race Fairing 1990 38 fever

Need a race fairing for a 1990 38 fever. The boat has the smoked plexiglass now. Maybe I should look into having one made. Any input here would be helpful. Thanks poolshrk
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Race Fairing 1990 38 fever

I think the guys at TMP that was in Slidell LA make some a few years ago. I think that their engine builder recently moved to TN, he may know who actually made them. There is always the factory.

I had a clear lexan windshield on mine originally and was thinking about the fairing but found a new leftover smoked molded acrylic windshield for sale here on OSO. It was the style that was used on the latest 38' Fevers and made a tremendous difference in the way the boat looked. It was laid back further and had the molded in deter. I had to remake my 2 corner supports because of the angle change. My original ones were alum and the newer ones are injection molded plastic. I chose to make new ones like the original alum ones with the correct length and rake them powdercoated them in a crinkle finish black. Then I had to have a new cockpit cover made.

I kept the original lexan pieces in case I wanted to use them as a pattern to make my own fairing. Since the lexan was a sheet that was flat and was fastened into shape, I figured that it would be possible to do the same thing with a sheet of alum. I am not much of an alum welder but have plenty of friends that could handle it.

Todd