35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Notices

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Old 11-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
And that lesson would be? Lets see, take a multi step bottomed Formula with HP 500s for power, add upwards of 300 horsepower with good heads and big cams(400 hp if you count your big dyno numbers), make some real impressive gains in speed, and a little more with some more prop tweaking, an all around very sucessful project.

Now what did we learn?

#1 ) Perhaps that the multi step Formula requires the additional 300 hp.(aforementioned) in order to just squeak by a single step design Fountain(a bottom that has been around for close to two decades) with the stock HP 500's.

#2 ) Perhaps that if the Formula had added additional horsepower,say another 200 or so, over and above the aforementioned added 300 horsepower, it might have come somewhat close to running the same speeds that the newer multi step Fountain design runs with the stock HP 500's, at some 500 hp less.

#3 ) Perhaps that had we added the aforementioned heads, cams, and resulting 300 additional horsepower to the single step design Fountain the results would have not been the same at all, all things being equal again, the results would resemble those seen when both ran the stock HP 500's.

#4 ) Perhaps that if we were to take the newer multi step design Fountain(equaling out the bottom design technology) and added the 300 hp, to the stock 500 hp we started with, we would end up over the 100 mph mark vs the mid 80's attained by the multi step Formula design.

#5 ) Perhaps that were we to put into play the newer multi step 38 Fountain, to eliminate the weight/real size issue sure to pop up here, the results would be even more lopsided. In fact that design runs past the 100 mph mark with 600 hp, let alone what it will do with 700+ to work with.

All valuable and informative lessons here. And what part of all this do you think I did not fully comprehend at some point in time before summer ever began ? I think that you forget that my last boat ran just shy of the 100 mph mark, it started life as a 77 mph boat, as did yours,,,,,,,,( no offense intended here ),,,,,,,, you have a way to go.

Now lets look at the above again, absorb the information, paying close attention to the last comment of the opening paragraph, and the comments contained in the ending paragraph.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Some more valuble info for ya. A new 2007 38 Formula Fastech with staggered Merc hp600's (yep the new ones) goes only 79 at WOT.
No chit? geeez
Old 11-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
(BTW we really are friends!)

Dave
Great! I was beginning to wonder
Old 11-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now lets look at the above again, absorb the information, paying close attention to the last comment of the opening paragraph, and the comments contained in the ending paragraph.
Not a valid agrument. I was talking about My boat vs. Your boat. That's like me saying I can go get a 35' Cat that will blow the doors of ANY 35' Fountain with the same power. Different hull design! Cat, Fountain, and Formula. If this were about the fastest boat....where would it end?

Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered

If this were about the fastest boat....where would it end?

Dave
Cat Killer
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Cat Killer
Good one!

Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Thanks Robert! What would I do without you and Downtown42. Did you check out the video? That should look familiar to you too.

Ragged Edge Drive By Vid, check it out.

Oh, my buddy axapowell shot it. ( He likes it when credits are included, and DT42 moved it over here. Credits all around, and I was driving, and the boat "was" yours......... give the Mrs. that signed check yet?
Way cool video Peter. Lorrie says the check is ready to mail but she first wants to know if the boat comes with a trailer
Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Cool Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Way cool video Peter. Lorrie says the check is ready to mail but she first wants to know if the boat comes with a trailer

Thank's Robert, and tell Lorrie that for her I'll throw in a trailer complete with a Kentucky title. You know that deal they have down there where they figure if it's hooked to your truck with your boat on it they assume you migh actually own it, as it should be in all states.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

Question Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Not a agrument.
Dave

Hey Axa,

Ok, I really don't mean to argue, and I'll forgive you if you answer me four simple straight foreward questions. Here we go, and remember, honesty counts.

#1 What is the fastest speed you have ever been in a boat?

#2 What was the manufacturer of that boat?

#3 What is the second fastest you have been in a boat?

#4 Who was the owner/operator of that boat?

Now remember that I know all the answers here, so take your time, and remember that honesty counts.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Isn't there a guy at Bonnie with an '05 lightning with 525s doing 92? Reliable speed = $$$$$$, it's that simple.

Quick Reply: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.