35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner >

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Notices

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Old 11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Mike, do you have any awareness of a 2003 38 Lightning 525's with victory paint in Tampa? It's on MSO at dealer has 15 or so hours on it...served as a paceboat a couple times?

Blume gave me the 411 for the most part, just lookin' for any additional info..

Last edited by Rippem; 11-16-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by Rippem
Mike, do you have any awareness of a 2003 38 Lightning 525's with victory paint in Tampa? It's on MSO at dealer has 15 or so hours on it...served as a paceboat a couple times?

Well now this has peaked my interest. Shopping "Beakers" are we??? The inquiring mind of the "Old Sage" needs to know.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-16-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny you mentioned that boat because I saw it here in the classifeds. I like it a lot and love the victory graphics. My 29 Fever than the same graphics but different colors. It's not at my local Tampa Fountain dealer though. Isn't Blume in Texas? The classified add said Texas.

For me I would only buy local because of service and warranty work. I've learn my lesson years ago about buying a boat from a dealer not near ...never again....and now my neighbor bought a Fountain from Shogren and needed service work done and he has a hard time getting service in Tampa. My local Fountain dealer Sports USA Marine has excellent service after the sale. They have really done me right.

My local Fountain dealer has a used 2006 38 with 600's for sale but they want way too much money for it. They are asking $265K and only want to give me $180k for my 2006 38TE with low low hours.

So for now that is where I'm at so I will keep my boat.

Last edited by FeverMike; 11-16-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Funny you mentioned that boat because I saw it here in the classifeds. I like it a lot and love the victory graphics. My 29 Fever than the same graphics but different colors. It's not at my local Tampa Fountain dealer though. Isn't Blume in Texas? The classified add said Texas.
If I remember correctly, Blume said it's at a dealer in Tampa that sells mostly fishboats?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If I remember correctly, Blume said it's at a dealer in Tampa that sells mostly fishboats?
I called my dealer and sent him the link for the boat for sale here on OSO and Blumes name. This is the only dealer in the Tampa area that sells Fountains and they know nothing about it, however they are checking on it they said.
There is a Formula dealer in town and I went by just too see. They have ZERO 353 or 382 Fastechs. The have a lot of bowriders and cruisers and I heard they are not into performance boats...too bad because I fit in a 353 or 382.

Have a good weekend...see ya! Mike
Old 11-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Registered

If I remember correctly
maybe I don't?

oh well, I'll call Blume again if it reaches the "next level" of interest.

Last edited by Rippem; 11-18-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Shopping "Beakers" are we??? The old mind of the "Inquiring Sage" needs to know.

Last edited by Rippem; 11-18-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Be the job big or small...do it right or not at all. [/QUOTE=Rippem]

Performance Boat Purchase Done Right = Fountain ?
The inquiring old mind of the old inquiring Sage must know.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're up early today. Very well done.

#1 Correct..... This past summer, after breakfast at MV's, I was with you.
We only went 100mph that day. It was another day with MV

#2 Correct..... 35 Fountain Lightning, single step design, it's GPS verified best to date was 109.9.
Still not Your boat...remember...apples to apples. PS...Thanks MV.

#3 Correct...... I had forgotten that I had given you the chance to experience that. I was looking for 97-98 in a 32 Velocity. And yes, that was just before the Bravo exploded for the 7th and final time on the old Ragged Edge. The one that began it's life as a 77 mph boat and I repowered/rerigged into a damn near 100 mph ride.
Keep this in present time and I thought that the engines in the Velocity were stock? And if that is what you wanted to do...Fine! I never saw it on GPS, nobody that I ever talked verified it on GPS. Not saying it didn't do it, but it was never verified. Again...old school speedo with a pick-up tube. If you have got some video or a picture of a radar gun or a hand held GPS in the boat.....Not, I passed so and so an he was doing x mph.

Point is simple..... The high point of your performance boating experience was in a Fountain, the boat everyone loves to hate......
I wouldn't say that was the "high point" of my boating experience. It WAS the fastest I've ever been in a boat, but a much more memerable expierence would have been the week that the Mrs. and I spent traveling almost 600 miles in comfort in our Formula!

Followed by experiences made possible to you by Me, the little guy that gets trashed every time he opens his mouth and utters a bit of Fountain......
I thought I thanked you for the ride that day (and Mark L. as well).

This seems one sided to me. You seem to dish it out to everyone else, but when it comes time for a rebutle, hmmm, let's see. Oh yeah, change the subject and bring up several invalid points to confuse the original issue!

That's the way I see it. No harm meant, just an observation. Go back and read MY original post.

Dave
Old 11-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And that lesson would be? Lets see, take a multi step bottomed Formula with HP 500s for power, add upwards of 300 horsepower with good heads and big cams(400 hp if you count your big dyno numbers), make some real impressive gains in speed, and a little more with some more prop tweaking, an all around very sucessful project.

Now what did we learn?

#1 ) Perhaps that the multi step Formula requires the additional 300 hp.(aforementioned) in order to just squeak by a single step design Fountain(a bottom that has been around for close to two decades) with the stock HP 500's..
Thank you for the thumbs up on the project.

I meant to post this first...160hp (you have said that you are at the TOP end of Merc's HP500 +-10%) extra. 630-550=80 per side.

I thought that the Fountain single step hull came out in 1994 or 1995? With my math skills, that's only like 12-13 years old. Not decades?? Formula started their hull design in 1996 on the 419 I think, and is still using the same design. Just some thoughts...

Dave

Quick Reply: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.